What does a Hospitality/VIP ticket give access to that's different to a general admission ticket?

clitbang

Access to the Hospitality Campsite near the John Peel Stage, and access to the Interstage area / bar between Pyramid and Other which also doubles as a minor shortcut.

It's not massively exciting - and to be honest if you're that curious about seeing the Interstage area, it's incredibly easy to get in, plenty do so just by accident.

10 minutes ago, incident said:

It's not massively exciting - and to be honest if you're that curious about seeing the Interstage area, it's incredibly easy to get in, plenty do so just by accident.

I wandered into it one year but my friends took so long standing in the entrance humming and hawing about whether they should follow me that I just got fed up and walked back out again.

10 minutes ago, incident said:

Access to the Hospitality Campsite near the John Peel Stage, and access to the Interstage area / bar between Pyramid and Other which also doubles as a minor shortcut.

Yeah we ended up in here by mistake one year (Pyramid/Other) Portakabin toilets and nothing much else.

Gate to the left at the front of the other stage just give a smile and a thumbs up to the steward.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I wandered into it one year but my friends took so long standing in the entrance humming and hawing about whether they should follow me that I just got fed up and walked back out again.

No doubt you’ll be doing it again this year, to get close to Brandon....

Backstage bars at the Park, John Peel, West Holts, Silver Hayes, and others. A big backstage bar and restaurant between Other & Pyramid. Most of the backstage bars there are under shelter, which can be a big advantage. The Park and West Holts also have their own little stages in the back stage areas, too. Slightly nicer loos. One great advantage is that you can cut straight through the middle of the site, rather than walking around. And also there is slightly reduced queuing for Shangri La. 

THere is a hospitality camping area too. From memory, the only advantage being showers with smaller queues.

3 minutes ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Backstage bars at the Park, John Peel, West Holts, Silver Hayes, and others. A big backstage bar and restaurant between Other & Pyramid. Most of the backstage bars there are under shelter, which can be a big advantage. The Park and West Holts also have their own little stages in the back stage areas, too. Slightly nicer loos. One great advantage is that you can cut straight through the middle of the site, rather than walking around. And also there is slightly reduced queuing for Shangri La. 

THere is a hospitality camping area too. From memory, the only advantage being showers with smaller queues.

I knew you could get into the Park backstage bar which I quite like didn’t realise about the others 

4 hours ago, fred quimby said:

If you need to get there. ( you are the person after tickets for your anniversary?) And can afford it then it probable is worth it. Camp shower and mainly out in the festival

I've secured my tickets already, very relieved. 

It's where I met my wife and it's also my birthday on the 27th so double celebrations for us. 

Edited by clitbang

1 minute ago, clitbang said:

I can see the hospitialty camping on the map (woodsies) but does anyone know if there is a separate gate for hospitlalty parking and entrance to the site? Can't see this year's map. 

It was bronze gate the year I had hospitality :) 

29 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Walked into back stage of other areas when I was desperate for a shite just walked in like I owned the place

I call this kind of walk - "doing a Liam G" for both needing a shite and also looking like you own the place - as well....generally, that's how he walks innit? :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Where is the entrance for Maceos? Walked into back stage of other areas when I was desperate for a shite just walked in like I owned the place and wasn’t stopped.

It's attached to the NYC Downlow, a small entrance with security stood next to it.