Best place to get a curry!

Cooter

24 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Ah, ok, was definitely open in 16, don’t remember using it in 17

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Maybe I imagined it.

I think it was closed for a little while but then they opened it up in 2017.  

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Maybe I imagined it.

At any rate, looking at the map it does look like Goan Fish Curry will have to relocate.

Yeah, looks that way, doesn’t it? Amazed at how careful the sound engineers etc need to be to avoid sound bleed from West Holts. I have a memory of bands playing in that bar along the right hand sound of that field (beans on toast during chic,i think)

23 minutes ago, The Nal said:

It was initially and then reopened. Judging by the map, there's still a little white gap there indicating its open. 

I think. 

The little white gap is there in Avalon but it leads to a No Public Access area at the back of Glasto Latino so I'm guessing it's the long way round in future.

Edited by Losing my hair

12 minutes ago, redrog said:

If the Goan fish curry place is gone, there will be tears. This is literally the only thing I’m worried about this year. Wait, I also can’t see Herbie Treehead on the lineup. 

My Glasto is ruined 

I'm guessing that they are still somewhere in West Holts

I really want a curry now. Think all my favourites have been mentioned and I look forward to sampling some new ones this year. 

Big shout out to Tandoori Paneer Wraps as well. There's a place near West Holts where I went for one during Bobby Womack's set because I realised I hadn't had dinner and maybe it was because I was starving but few things I've eaten have ever tasted so good. So much so that my husband who had eaten decided to partake in second dinner and went to get himself one. 

• Upvote 1

Tastiest curry thing I remember on site was the Chapati Man chicken wraps. Can't remember having a really good whole plateful of curry since the end of Breadies though. Lots of nice samosas though, the place near the other stage/silver hayes fork were particularly lip smacking

I think you've inspired a mission this year. Will have to find the Peckish Peacock and more

The Goan Fish Curry peeps will be there this year, but in a new position with the stage move.

"Yes, moved to the other side of West Holts bar, nearer to the roadway".

21 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Peckish Peacock say they’ll have 2 stalls this year one between Pyramid and Beat Hotel, the other West Holts/Bellas Bridge area. Veggie Pakora are excellent, and they do a great tamarind based chick pea and spinach curry.

16 hours ago, Sku said:

They have a regular spot near the Pyramid, not sure on exact location.

They also now have a second spot next to the Rabbit Hole in The Park.

Conflicting information!

13 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Conflicting information!

Glastonbury. Who's there? We have some exciting news!!! We are and we have two locations this year!!! We'll be at our usual spot near to the Pyramid Stage and you can also find us in The Park next to the The Rabbit Hole!!! #Glastonburyfestival #Glastonburyfestivalvegan#Glastonburyfestivalvegetarian

Just now, The Nal said:

Glastonbury. Who's there? We have some exciting news!!! We are and we have two locations this year!!! We'll be at our usual spot near to the Pyramid Stage and you can also find us in The Park next to the The Rabbit Hole!!! #Glastonburyfestival #Glastonburyfestivalvegan#Glastonburyfestivalvegetarian

Bhangin'

On 6/5/2019 at 10:11 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Going on a fairly lengthy round trip on Friday night to collect a curry from my favourite restaurant to have in the freezer for a duvet day on the Tuesday.

Why did I not think of that!  We always have one on the firs tonight home but its a 30 mile round trip for me to the nearest decent curry house, and its always me that cops for going out to get it!!  Brilliant idea!  Thank you!