Boardmasters 2019

LilHugz

They have a rule against straight spirits which I’ve not seen before at a festival and they do enforce it. I went in 2017 and had some water bottles in my bag and they did test the lids on some of them so pretty intense security in those terms 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A shame but very little they could do and the H & S chief would be having a stressful time.

There has been precedents with this for festivals in Europe and the USA where the organisers  have been accused of not acting on  weather reports.

Reminds me of Glasto 2015 I think it was when all power got shut down for an hour so due to thunderstorms.  I was in John Peel waiting for Wild Beasts and the crew on stage just downed tools and ran off and we were told all the power and lights were going off until further notice. 

Edited by ivan

Feel so sorry for those who were excited to be going. Can't imagine how gutted it must feel. Costs on top of ticket too too. I travelled from Glasgow to Boardmasters in 2015 and it wasn't cheap.

However, the safety of punters, crew and acts is paramount and temporary stages can be pretty dangerous in extreme conditions.

I just hope the bad weather does come to fruition so the festival can be accused of over reacting. 

5 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Feel so sorry for those who were excited to be going. Can't imagine how gutted it must feel. Costs on top of ticket too too. I travelled from Glasgow to Boardmasters in 2015 and it wasn't cheap.

However, the safety of punters, crew and acts is paramount and temporary stages can be pretty dangerous in extreme conditions.

I just hope the bad weather does come to fruition so the festival can be accused of over reacting. 

I felt like crying with my 17 year old daughter last night. 1st ever festival and so excited; she was going with 25 friends . Trying on her festival gear for over a week and planning things and generally having fun with my wife. So , so upset last night just after packing too. I totally understand the decision though.