Who’s travelling furthest for 2019

Robv30

Sorry if this post is been done before. 

But i see metakate in the dispatch thread is coming from Canada. Can anyone top this? And fair play Kate for the commitment!! 

Edit: im over the water from Portsmouth (Gosport). Portsmouth being the location of the infamous trump visit today. 

1hr 45 ish in a car to the site. 

Edited by Robv30

She can have a gold star for being an early bird, and a proxy e-festivals position because she knows you - but I count from home to the site as travelling there, the issue is how far did she travel to get there not when?

She does not get to win the shortest distance prize by helping to put up the perimeter fence and then taking a tea break :no:

6 hours ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

Also Canada, but I believe Metakate is further west than me, so she wins....

Calgary, but the first year I was just a short hop over the water from Cape Breton!

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

California for one of our gang. Well she's already here to be honest and doing the coast to coast hike with another of our group in some mad Glastonbury warm up.

Beats me! @kalifire also coming from OZ definitely beats me!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Robv30 said:

Sorry if this post is been done before. 

But i see metakate in the dispatch thread is coming from Canada. Can anyone top this? And fair play Kate for the commitment!! 

Edit: im over the water from Portsmouth (Gosport). Portsmouth being the location of the infamous trump visit today. 

1hr 45 ish in a car to the site. 

Someone I work with is hoping Trump get a milkshake thrown at him, can you help?

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

California for one of our gang. Well she's already here to be honest and doing the coast to coast hike with another of our group in some mad Glastonbury warm up.

Those crazy peeps are stopping off with us for a break as well. 

So we may not be flying the distance but we have bumsqueek kudos in that it will probably take us longer to get from cumbria with a caravan for the first time than a flight from wherever Kalifire is gonna try and trump all from. Lol. :D 

4 hours ago, FromCali said:

First Glastonbury and have been lurking on this site for a few weeks. I signed up because of this post.  Coming from California with wife and adult two kids. That's no NZ though!

welcome to the forum  .... thats a lot further than the 40 odd miles I travel