Campervan tickets

allcitydons

Morning campers!

My bro and I have coach tickets that we have to pick up from Reading, we also have access to a camper.

The plan is for us to travel to Glastonbury, get the tickets, travel back home, pick up the camper and make our way to the festival. 

The main thing standing in our way is that we haven't got a campervan ticket.

You cannot purchase a campervan ticket on the website holding a coach ticket.. So, we are considering purchasing a campervan ticket through a friend - which can be done..

The question is, do campervan tickets have the purchasers name on them? Does anyone have experience of doing something similar? 

Thanks

Edited by allcitydons

2 hours ago, allcitydons said:

Morning campers!

My bro and I have coach tickets that we have to pick up from Reading, we also have access to a camper.

The plan is for us to travel to Glastonbury, get the tickets, travel back home, pick up the camper and make our way to the festival. 

The main thing standing in our way is that we haven't got a campervan ticket.

You cannot purchase a campervan ticket on the website holding a coach ticket.. So, we are considering purchasing a campervan ticket through a friend - which can be done..

The question is, do campervan tickets have the purchasers name on them? Does anyone have experience of doing something similar? 

Thanks

From my understanding the purchasers name is on the ticket and they need to be present in the camper / caravan on arrival? 

As a side note, if you are still keen on the idea of getting the camper to site - why not travel down with the camper in advance of getting the coach to Glasto - leave it somewhere local - and then return home / back to Reading and get the coach down, then you would only need a short trip out of the festival to somewhere local to get the camper?

1 hour ago, Ducky89 said:

From my understanding the purchasers name is on the ticket and they need to be present in the camper / caravan on arrival? 

As a side note, if you are still keen on the idea of getting the camper to site - why not travel down with the camper in advance of getting the coach to Glasto - leave it somewhere local - and then return home / back to Reading and get the coach down, then you would only need a short trip out of the festival to somewhere local to get the camper?

Thanks, we haven't considered logistics yet, if it can be done, then we will probably take the route you've suggested ?

Edited by allcitydons

8 hours ago, Ducky89 said:

This is what I've done a couple of times in recent years, not too planet friendly but heyho, needs must!

On 6/4/2019 at 10:19 PM, DrC said:

For various reasons I have two camper van tickets and only need one so if anyone is interested I can sell you one.  I am not sure about the name thing as the tickets haven't arrived yet

Do you still have that spare camper ticket? 

For various reasons I have two camper van tickets and only need one so if anyone is interested I can sell you one.  I am not sure about the name thing as the tickets haven't arrived yet

Hi.  Are you referring to Glasto or Reading?  got a bit lost on the trail.  I'm looking for one for Glasto if you have it?

Your name and registration number (for the festival not the vehicle) will be on the CV ticket.