Best Festival Trolley for Glastonbury

LiamAsprey

Hi,

I'm going to my first Glastonbury this year with 3 others and am wondering whether it's worth buying a festival trolley and what type of one is best. If anyone has any suggestions of what they have bought or think would be good please let me know! 

We are being dropped off so am going on the bus from the drop off point to Gate A, is there a limit on the size trolley you are allowed to bring if going on the bus?

Thanks!

22 hours ago, LiamAsprey said:

is there a limit on the size trolley you are allowed to bring if going on the bus?

Thanks!

You won't be able to take a huge 4 wheel trolley but should get away with a foldable sack truck type affair. As others have said, you need something that is specifically for off road with big tyres.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:45 AM, marathonsteve said:

I have a trolly that anglers use to transport all their gear. It has large tyres and can be dismantled in minutes. What ever trolly you choose, go for one which has large wheels.

23 hours ago, GoonerRob said:

This is the one we usually use: https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/draper-steel-mesh-garden-cart-with-liner

This year a friend of mine is building his own from an old mobility scooter. Can't wait to see how that turns out! 

18 hours ago, Deneva48 said:

In the past I've always used a good quality sack truck, with big inflatable rubber tyres, not the rubbish B&Q ones. They can carry lots and are easier to push than the cheap one's. 

Great thank you, everyone, I think I'll go for a sack truck type one.

On 6/4/2019 at 7:34 PM, Deneva48 said:

In the past I've always used a good quality sack truck, with big inflatable rubber tyres, not the rubbish B&Q ones. They can carry lots and are easier to push than the cheap one's. 

I second the sack truck. Husband managed to get his hands on one from his old job. Buy some bungee cords and straps to secure your stuff and you're away. Hasn't failed since we've got it a four years ago 

8 minutes ago, I feel like Pablo said:

I second the sack truck. Husband managed to get his hands on one from his old job. Buy some bungee cords and straps to secure your stuff and you're away. Hasn't failed since we've got it a four years ago 

Brilliant! Looks like I'll go for one of that sort then.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:38 AM, LiamAsprey said:

Hi,

I'm going to my first Glastonbury this year with 3 others and am wondering whether it's worth buying a festival trolley and what type of one is best. If anyone has any suggestions of what they have bought or think would be good please let me know! 

We are being dropped off so am going on the bus from the drop off point to Gate A, is there a limit on the size trolley you are allowed to bring if going on the bus?

Thanks!

Can't comment on what you might be allowed with on the coach but this is what I've used for over 10 years and has served me well:

https://www.mowermagic.co.uk/acatalog/Cobra-ST150-150kg-Sack-Trolley-Pneumatic-Tyres-Tubular-Steel-Frame.html#SID=5179

Pneumatic tyres are a must given the ground and while you don't want anything folding having something that can shrink a bit will help for fitting in a car boot. With this you can actually pull out the top handle bar half of it and store somewhere else for the journey which can be handy for particularly tight spots.

Image result for trolley festival

I took one like this in '16.... real rookie error. Would have been fine with a bit of rain, but as it was a quagmire the wheels stopped spinning and I was dragging a dead weight. All depends on the conditions but if it rains this year it's all going on my back and I'm making multiple trips.