Where, oh where is the App?

anditmakesmesmile

On 6/7/2019 at 9:19 PM, Mark E. Spliff said:

1. The personal schedule is arranged with one row per stage, regardless of how few acts you want to see on that stage.  For example, if you only wanted to see one act in the Rabbit Hole on Saturday, your schedule will now have a whole near-empty row for the Rabbit Hole.  The upshot of this is that your schedule will be a long spreadsheet full of near-empty rows, which makes it difficult to find everything on a small screen - you're constantly scrolling up and down.  It would have been much more user-friendly to just have enough rows to accommodate the acts playing simultaneously and have these rows populated from the top down.  That way, as soon as you see a blank row below an act in your timetable, you know that's all you've selected at that time.  The only downside to this would be that you'd have to include the name of the stage alongside the artist and time, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

Exactly what I was coming in here to say. It's horribly designed. You can't even turn it sideways to get a better view of the line-up. They  legitimately couldn't have got it worse.

I've passed my comments on to the developers via the Google Play feedback route.  In the meantime, I've just gone into Clashfinder, selected all the acts I'm interested in and printed a timetable off in simple 'list' format.  I find making this list via Clashfinder is a bit of a faff (because you have to trawl through all the stage line ups, rather than just a list of artists) and life would be much easier if the app offered your itinerary in a simple chronological list view.

I never pay much attention to my 'itinerary,' particularly as I'm working, but it's nice to be able to quickly check a list to assuage your paranoia that you're missing something important.

I always download the app, but don't think I've ever actually used it at the festival.  So that fact that it doesn't work properly doesn't really bother me.  The only time I might use the app is to give a general location of something to the newbies in my group. 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Vulpes vulpes said:

My line up-share-share your line up-create a poster

Is that on iOs? Don't seem to have that option.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Pretty disappointing. Just a list of the acts you’ve highlighted in alphabetical order.

Doesn't sound like I' m  missing out, mind. 

Just now, Northtim said:

Still can’t share the line up on iOS, they would have been better fixing that than adding the crap poster feature.

I managed to share it via a link on iOS. It's still w*nk. But a shareable w*nk. A reacharound, if you will.

On 6/22/2019 at 8:03 AM, blutarsky said:

Yarp

Got it working now, update wasn’t rolled out to my phone until yesterday evening for some reason. 

Poster is crap - because I’ve listed lots of possibles in my lineup, the poster just lists artists I’m interested in in alphabetical order... up to F. Then nothing. 

2CA38CCD-45EF-4C5B-BE05-802D44EFFF60.png

On 6/9/2019 at 9:20 PM, Mark E. Spliff said:

I find making this list via Clashfinder is a bit of a faff (because you have to trawl through all the stage line ups, rather than just a list of artists) 

Ctrl + f then type the artist name. That way you can also cycle through their slots if they have more than 1

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, marcwilson87 said:

Ctrl + f then type the artist name. That way you can also cycle through their slots if they have more than 1

Cheers, that's a good tip if you know who you want to see already, but I do want to trawl through the entire list of artists, so I can find out who's actually playing.  I just find it easier to go through a long list of artists rather than the running order for each stage.  It's all academic though - I've done it now.

• 2 weeks later...

Was the app absolutely garbage for anyone during the festival? I constantly couldn’t select any of the days and was stuck on Friday which made the app useless. 

I was recommended to reinstall the app by EE’s twitter page - which then deleted my personalised line up I had spent quite a bit of time on. For such a simple app, they really made a total arse if it.