Where, oh where is the App?

anditmakesmesmile

It's a bit crap, no doubt there will be updates between now and fest day. How difficult is to have an app with a simple zoom in zoom out functionality for a map. It doesn't look like they have put any effort into the app. Or tested it to me. As far as app development goes, I wouldn't have thought it was a particularly difficult app to develop is it? Not bothered, I will use good old clashfinder and a printer, just seems a wasted oppurtunity to me

For being such a massive fest, this app sucks. Compared to the Bonnaroo and Coachella apps this provides zero info. This is my first Glasto (or Euro fest in general) so it normal for it to be so barren and lacking info? Also surprised there's not an option to explore the vendors, food, or bars and what they're offering

The main selling point of the app is that it offers a quick way to select what you're interested in and shove that into a timetable.  They've done two things wrong:

1. The personal schedule is arranged with one row per stage, regardless of how few acts you want to see on that stage.  For example, if you only wanted to see one act in the Rabbit Hole on Saturday, your schedule will now have a whole near-empty row for the Rabbit Hole.  The upshot of this is that your schedule will be a long spreadsheet full of near-empty rows, which makes it difficult to find everything on a small screen - you're constantly scrolling up and down.  It would have been much more user-friendly to just have enough rows to accommodate the acts playing simultaneously and have these rows populated from the top down.  That way, as soon as you see a blank row below an act in your timetable, you know that's all you've selected at that time.  The only downside to this would be that you'd have to include the name of the stage alongside the artist and time, but that shouldn't be too difficult.
  2. In the alphabetical list of acts, they've put separate entries in for each time an act plays.  E.g. Mik Artistik has 7 entries.  It would be easier to just have a single entry for him, so that if you select it, then all 7 performances go onto your personal schedule.

In the unlikely event that any of the app development team read this, fixing the above would make your product a lot more useful.

• Upvote 1

Think I will be going with the trusted Clashfinder. Only useful thing I can see with the app is updated TBAs during the festival.

The Ultra Festival app was massively better, loads of functionality. And to think this app was delayed. What have they actually been working on?

How and why they have released a delayed app with less functionality than last time is very bizarre.

Wanted to favourite my acts and share with friends. 

Also was hoping to see the bars on the map.

zoom on both map and schedule would be good.

hope they update it!

12 hours ago, gearbm95 said:

For being such a massive fest, this app sucks. Compared to the Bonnaroo and Coachella apps this provides zero info. This is my first Glasto (or Euro fest in general) so it normal for it to be so barren and lacking info? Also surprised there's not an option to explore the vendors, food, or bars and what they're offering

I think the app is a bit crap but in its defence including info about all the food vendors, bars and what they're offering would be near impossible. The selection is immense!

On 6/8/2019 at 9:25 AM, morph100 said:

Also was hoping to see the bars on the map.

On 6/8/2019 at 9:30 AM, Zoo Music Girl said:

I think the app is a bit crap but in its defence including info about all the food vendors, bars and what they're offering would be near impossible. The selection is immense!

at some point in the next few weeks  some of the Bar Operators will be making their own bar app available - as to how detailed this will be I don't have a clue as I did not use a Smartphone at Glastonbury before.

I suspect the WBC one is being held up due to the fact that Bar prices are not fixed until very shortly before the gates open { so it reflects current transport costs }

I would agree with @Zoo Music Girl that trying to collect all the information from so many vendors would be close to impossible.

16 minutes ago, deepkittycaz said:

Big Ground lockup definitely still in existence this year! 

Thanks, I thought it was, along with the long drops as they’re on the other Glasto map. Planning on camping on Big Ground again that was all. 

• Like 1