Where, oh where is the App?

anditmakesmesmile

2 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Please could you tell me briefly how to hide stages if you don’t mind?

If you click on the controls tab which is next to the search tab, you can then go to stages and it's self explanatory from there.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SighMo said:

This....also when the festival starts there is the ‘now and next’ tab which lets you know who’s currently playing and who’s on next from your itinerary. I use the mobile view which for me is easier to look at. 

D612CAED-308D-401A-B27F-1C3C4A9E7440.png

This just made me listen to black midi.

My word, what a find.

Why oh why would any spend any of their time at Glastonbury looking at the app on their phone?!

I prefer to save my battery for taking selfies in front of bands I'm not really watching; filming the whole of a gig in incredibly poor quality, even though it's being broadcast live on the BBC; and, of course, regularly updating my blog/vlog.

Edited by Homer
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Why oh why would any spend their time at Glastonbury looking at the app on their phone?!

I prefer to save my battery for taking selfies in front of bands I'm not really watching; filming the whole of a gig in incredibly poor quality, even though it's being broadcast live on the BBC; and, of course, regularly updating my blog/vlog.

The Vlog ones are weird mind, i've seen a few people wandering around with their go pros or their phones. I normally think they are mental yet I watch them in between festivals :ph34r:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, damnfinecoffee said:

If I remember correctly, you can put pins down on the map? Is that worth the battery drain, I don't think so.

That is a handy feature but I'd like to think I've been going long enough now to know where most things are without a map or by using the one on the lanyard  

11 hours ago, Homer said:

Why oh why would any spend any of their time at Glastonbury looking at the app on their phone?!

In the great Boots v. Wellies debate, similar questions are asked.  The answer is: there is no right or wrong choice - just what works for you.  Some people can wear wellies for weeks/months/lifetimes without problems.  Others can't.  With regards to the Glastonbury app, some people prefer bits of paper, others don't.  However, I suspect much of this variation in preference is explained by the battery life your phone and whether it actually fits in your pocket - my little Sony lasts 3 days with normal usage so the app is a no-brainer to me.

12 hours ago, Doug85 said:

The Vlog ones are weird mind, i've seen a few people wandering around with their go pros or their phones. I normally think they are mental yet I watch them in between festivals :ph34r:

I would honestly kill someone if they were with me constantly filming and talking into a camera.... but I would also love for someone to record my entire weekend for me to watch again later. A real catch 22. 

11 hours ago, MetaKate said:

I would honestly kill someone if they were with me constantly filming and talking into a camera.... but I would also love for someone to record my entire weekend for me to watch again later. A real catch 22. 

Must admit that I would have some interest in reliving my Glastonbury however i'm sure I'd regret that once I've seen how many times i've walked around in circles smashed off my face thinking that i've gone somewhere new