Where, oh where is the App?

anditmakesmesmile

Has EE had problems? I thought this was supposed to be out in May. I’ve been checking here and on the App Store every hour! Considering how hot the “Next Announcements” topic was I’m surprised no one else has raised this. Or am I just being annoyingly impatient?

Edited by anditmakesmesmile
Poor grammar

3 minutes ago, UEF said:

They time it so that it lands during the week of the festival.

They learnt how to do that after the first year when it launched on the final Sunday. 

The lineup announcement page says it will be ready in a few days. Did they lie to us?

16 minutes ago, UEF said:

They time it so that it lands during the week of the festival.

They learnt how to do that after the first year when it launched on the final Sunday. 

According to this page on the Glasto site, the 2017 app landed on June 7th (a Wednesday 2 weeks before the festival opens, although remember there is no pattern)

never used the app (always go with a wonky printout of clashfinder) to save my phone battery - however this year i'm planning to visit some of the smaller stages that aren't on the main map, does the EE app have a detailed map of bars, smallest stages, etc?

ta

8 minutes ago, Lees23 said:

never used the app (always go with a wonky printout of clashfinder) to save my phone battery - however this year i'm planning to visit some of the smaller stages that aren't on the main map, does the EE app have a detailed map of bars, smallest stages, etc?

ta

Yes, there is a smaller stages list, well there was in 2017, I’ve just had a look at it on my phone. Hopefully something soon, I’ve printed off the main stages line up and sitting with a highlighter and the printouts scattered on the floor trying to organise my festival!   

• Upvote 1

Here's my top tip that probably only a handful of people will find useful - Dump the lineup into a spreadsheet, and delete everything you're definitely not interested in.  Export what's left as Google Calendar appointments and use that app instead of the EE / Glastonbury one.

You're left with a lot of the same functionality as the App, but with more control over what appears and how. You can mark / categorise things as desired and add your own notes. Can also switch between Schedule and Day views depending on how you want to see it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, incident said:

Here's my top tip that probably only a handful of people will find useful - Dump the lineup into a spreadsheet, and delete everything you're definitely not interested in.  Export what's left as Google Calendar appointments and use that app instead of the EE / Glastonbury one.

You're left with a lot of the same functionality as the App, but with more control over what appears and how. You can mark / categorise things as desired and add your own notes. Can also switch between Schedule and Day views depending on how you want to see it.

sounds like a lot of work that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incident said:

Use the clashfinder and then export as .ical / google calendar, a million times easier ?

image.png.b010b3db980f5e3452fb5332980073fa.png

Edited by Jung

1 hour ago, Lees23 said:

yep /\

my Thursday currently looks like this ....

image.thumb.png.09eed0f1f74670a5adcc85698a81dd07.png

This....also when the festival starts there is the ‘now and next’ tab which lets you know who’s currently playing and who’s on next from your itinerary. I use the mobile view which for me is easier to look at. 

D612CAED-308D-401A-B27F-1C3C4A9E7440.png