Glastonbury Regulars

chatty

Loyd Grossman and The New Forbidden.

This will be the first year I don't see him, it's always been a tradition but he clashes with my friend's set at Mandala.

The crowd are super into it, and you gotta love the chants of "we love your pasta sauce" and "we love Loyd's testicles"

20 hours ago, Jah_Roots said:

RSVP

Cannot echo this enough. My mate refused to watch bruce so went up to Avalon for the wonder stuff armed with 2 litres of my homebrew. Went up two hours to find him off his tits watching some bhangra band in the cafe. We were like what the hell is this. Next thing you know the whole cafe is breaking out in bhangra dancing (the teach you as the set goes on)

You have to do Johnathan Kay.

Everyone should do JK at least once. Such fun and something you will not really be able to tell others about with out odd looks. Was thinking about him the other night, still makes me smile with delight. 

Bramble FM

Edited by fred quimby

22 hours ago, fred quimby said:

You have to do Johnathan Kay.

Everyone should do JK at least once. Such fun and something you will not really be able to tell others about with out odd looks. Was thinking about him the other night, still makes me smile with delight. 

Bramble FM

+1 for Jonathan Kay!

Also, Paul Currie.

1 minute ago, BluePaul said:

I've a couple of mates who work the Sensation Seekers Stage, and they swear by The Wheel of Four Tunes.  Every year I promise to see them, but every year something gets in the way.  Maybe this year...

Not there this year, i’m afraid

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

Not there this year, i’m afraid

Bloody typical.  Like the time I sacked off the support at a Buzzcocks gig because I didn't want to leave the pub.

I'll see them next time, I said.

Then Ian Curtis only went and hanged himself...

• Upvote 1

Definitely, definitely, definitely New York Brass Band. Not Hot 8 Brass Band or Das Brass or any of the other rip-offs, NYBB are the original and the best, and they are incredible.

And Stephen Frost's Improv Allstars gets funnier as the weekend goes on. If you can make it to more than one, the in-jokes keep building until Sunday afternoon when they all have epic hangovers and it's advisable to sit on the floor of the Astrolabe because you'll fall over laughing if you stand up.

• Upvote 1