Glasto 2019 tube map

deadstillstanding

14 hours ago, deadstillstanding said:

Hey everyone! I reckon I've just about finished updating the Glasto tube-style map for 2019. You guys have given some useful feedback on this the last couple of times and I know a few of you have found it useful so let me know what you think! 

This is based on as much as I could glean from a fairly recent General Site Plan and various comments from all over. I've managed to cram in a few more points of interest, hopefully without getting too cramped, reworked Silver Hayes to better reflect the layout, and updated the naughty corner to match the current set up. It aint perfect – wanted to add a few other bits and pieces – but think it's pretty much ready.

Are there any glaring flaws? Obvious omissions? Want to draw a line under it soon so I can get it printed to go outside the Green Welfare tent ?️?

190530_2019 Glasto tube map_v3.png

Only thing I would add is a stop for WV, looks like you could squeeze it on below the bend before strummerville. Good work!! :)

12 hours ago, deadstillstanding said:

Thanks re. the Pharmacy, that's good to know. So would that be in P28 on the Site Plan I'm guessing?

Confirmed this with GFL. It's next to Bread & Roses at that junction so have put it there.

4 hours ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

My eyesight isn’t as good as it used to be. Perhaps you could make a hi-res version available to help me and those with similar eyesight problems. Which we wouldn’t, of course, use to get t-shirts printed. I am sure that we all would, totally unconnected, be happy to drop in a donation to Festival Welfare Services. 

For sure. Here's a high res version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=18mTD3L4iyQZ8T8MYWy7grzam04vjgghq That'll print to A4 at 150dpi.

2 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Does that apply to paintings as I'm working on a project to do 12 paintings of glastonbury.. Now obviously you call your painting something ie.. Glastonbury pyramid in the sunset .. Or ribbon tower something or other.. Am I allowed to call my original paintings these names.. Otherwise I'll have to change it to.....

A bright thing in a field.......

Doesn't sound so good does it lol

I'm no expert, you'd really have to check with GFL, but I'd imagine that just naming a piece that way is fine. It's using those trademarks within the piece itself that would be problematic.

2 hours ago, Ross Brown said:

Couple of comments - Stone circle is much further to the right than Glade.  I can see why you have done this to fit everything in but it would benefit from a line joining these together as there is a main route from Strummervile/Stone Circle to Glade.

The map doesn't run 'true' north-south, just how I've always felt the site works if that makes sense. In my head the railway track junction down from the stones (where Welfare is as it happens) is the centre of my Glasto compass so to speak – so that's my north-south axis. If you're curious this is how it got started.

1343510304_2016maptracefortubemap.thumb.jpg.50e52e4bcb406a67e42dbc2fe7e21c14.jpg

Putting that route from the Glade to Kings Meadow makes sense though. Have added.

2 hours ago, ian the worm said:

This year Bimble Inn is where Rabbit Hole was. 

On your 2019 map this should place the  ribbon tower slightly north of Bimble Inn. 

Thanks! Have updated.

2 hours ago, Ross Brown said:

Also next to Strummerville on the corner it would be good to add Pennard Hill Gate for the Worthy Viewers.

1 hour ago, pmcmanu2 said:

Only thing I considered that could be an extra "station" was worthy view - I know its technically outside the site (like CV field etc), but personally I think it has sort of become a "feature" of Glastonbury......

15 minutes ago, Smash1984 said:

Only thing I would add is a stop for WV, looks like you could squeeze it on below the bend before strummerville. Good work!! :)

Nah. Thanks for the suggestion but the map doesn't list any of the campsites (well, I guess you could argue the tipis are but I'd argue they're a bit special) so I'm not gonna start with one that's offsite and most people can't even access.

Thanks everyone for the input and the kind words. It's honestly means a lot. I think this is pretty much done now ?

771934493_190604_2019Glastotubemap_v4.thumb.png.53f24c358d9ee3be7cc79e9c9a7dd509.png

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

That’s a shame. 

My eyesight isn’t as good as it used to be. Perhaps you could make a hi-res version available to help me and those with similar eyesight problems. Which we wouldn’t, of course, use to get t-shirts printed. I am sure that we all would, totally unconnected, be happy to drop in a donation to Festival Welfare Services. 

Yeah, I'm definitely not going to both of those things later. 

Anyone got a recommendation for a t-shirt printing service for when I don't do it? 

Nice work @deadstillstanding

• Upvote 1

On 6/4/2019 at 5:14 PM, anditmakesmesmile said:

Though if you a vector version even better. Sorry to be so cheeky and demanding.

If only I had the good sense to draw it in something sensible and not PowerPoint. Yes really. I'm a slide monkey and a sucker for punishment I guess.

I'll be exporting an A0ish print quality pdf at some point to make the poster for the FWS marquee. Will pop a link on here when I do.

IMG_20170622_114313.jpg

And here we go...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1u_-48BuZvGwSIIF-vBhJ6fdjL1izXjUd?usp=sharing

A massive A0-ish pdf that I'll use to make the poster. An 1800x1603 version that'll do A4 (ahem or a T-shirt) both with a white or transparent background. A 1080x1920 version you could use as a lockscreen. And versions with Spring Ground camping on as a favour for a friend.

Have also made a couple of small fixes here or there.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 2:34 PM, deadstillstanding said:

And here we go...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1u_-48BuZvGwSIIF-vBhJ6fdjL1izXjUd?usp=sharing

A massive A0-ish pdf that I'll use to make the poster. An 1800x1603 version that'll do A4 (ahem or a T-shirt) both with a white or transparent background. A 1080x1920 version you could use as a lockscreen. And versions with Spring Ground camping on as a favour for a friend.

Dropped a donation to FWS on behalf of the design definitely not making it onto a tshirt that I'm currently wearing on a farm. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/7/2019 at 2:34 PM, deadstillstanding said:

hi there, I was wondering if you had a 2014 version of the glasto tube map? It’s the year we got engaged there so would make a great Christmas present. Thank you. Janine 

And here we go...