This time in three weeks I will be....

BlackHole2006

Are some of you really gonna be there already?! I will be working as the project I'm on finishes end of June and I've said I will not be contactable during the fest. Got a looooong 3 weeks ahead of me before I can even start getting excited.

Is this the thread where everyone on crew get's to brag that they will already be there? Seems like it...

If that's the case... then all I can say is... ME TOO! ?

I'll have consumed far more beverages than what is sensible, and already be embarrassing myself by this stage of Monday evening I imagine.

17 minutes ago, Sku said:

Is this the thread where everyone on crew get's to brag that they will already be there? Seems like it...

If that's the case... then all I can say is... ME TOO! ?

I'll have consumed far more beverages than what is sensible, and already be embarrassing myself by this stage of Monday evening I imagine.

Too right us crew get to brag! Its hard work making sure people enjoy themselves! You cant beat though! Have fun all! 

Will have finished work and will be going through in my head what time I need to leave to get to the station in time to get the train down to Taunton (clue: I live 10 minutes from the station but will no doubt allow at least half an hour).  And checking and rechecking where my  train tickets are, where my B&B reservation is, did I remember to put my contact lenses in, etc etc.

Worrier, me?  

Trying and probably failing to get an early night’s sleep before sodding that off and driving down as early as poss on the Tuesday morning for oxfam stewarding ?? REALLY looking forward to a stroll around the site with empty camping fields and minus 150k punters! 

10 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Fuck I got the days mixed up. Ok this time in three weeks I’ll be ridiculously excited 

You caught us all out there!

Anyway, my group of 27 (including kids) will be gathering at a nearby cafe for breakfast at 9.30am so i'll currently be driving to my mates house as i'm getting a lift with him.

It'll be a case of joining the camper fields queue once we're all done.

Unless it's a repeat of 2016 and they don't open the fields until the evening when we stayed in the cafe until about 5pm if I remember rightly even though we all live 20mins away...

Packing the car and quadruple checking I actually have our tickets. Waiting for an acceptable time to wake the boyfriend (he is far from a morning person and my body wakes up at 5am) before the long drive from Newcastle!

Oh also attempting to play it cool and not jump about like an over excited child for the whole journey. 

Probably unpacking and re-packing for a second or third time thinking that I'm downsizing, but not really. And I'll be obsessively checking the weather forecast, my passport, ticket, setting multiple alarms to remember to exchange euros for pounds at the airport. Then probably unpacking and re-packing again.

36 minutes ago, sedra said:

Double checking weather forecast and state of the ground posts to make final packing choices! Checking drinks have frozen. Checking cat sitter has everything she needs. 

Loading up car?

“Checking the cat sitter has everything she needs”.....

that'll be a cat then.?