"Must Dos" 2019

EMorgz92

2 hours ago, phil the shrew said:

Plan to try and see a set in the acoustic tent - not got there in 10 festivals so far.

As there are fewer headliners on the main stages I really want to see will probably check out the smaller stages in Greenfields, Croissant Neuf and Greenpeace between 10 and 12 each night - be interesting to see what is going on there while the masses are at the main stages

Green peace stage at that time is great. As are the other smaller stages in the area. I sat there with my 13 year old on a blow up seat with a blanket and I had a few beers. A night she brings up all the time 

• Like 1

Raid Oxfam on the Wed for a silly outfit

Get me hair dyed at the Glamour and Grooming bar

Sink a few pints of cider in the Bimble Inn

Watch Kylie

A cup of tea at Cobalt blacksmiths in the Greenfields

Craig Charles bash at Truth stage

Bramble FM in T&C

Anything else is a bonus

One thing I've not managed to do in 9 Glastonburys is make something in the Craft field (maybe I'll try for Thursday this year?). Another would be making it up to the Crow's Nest. Also on the list is Power Ballad Yoga at Greenpeace (if I get up early enough). 

Stuff I haven't done for ages: spent a bit of time in Permaculture, revisit the SE corner (especially block 9), see a few more bands in Avalon (just one of the nicest generally areas imho), visit Strummerville.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 11:34 AM, kh24 said:

One thing I've not managed to do in 9 Glastonburys is make something in the Craft field (maybe I'll try for Thursday this year?). Another would be making it up to the Crow's Nest. Also on the list is Power Ballad Yoga at Greenpeace (if I get up early enough). 

Stuff I haven't done for ages: spent a bit of time in Permaculture, revisit the SE corner (especially block 9), see a few more bands in Avalon (just one of the nicest generally areas imho), visit Strummerville.

Power Ballad Yoga was so fantastic in 2017!  And absolute highlight!  I  have it on my list again this year if I can discipline myself enough to get up in time.  Las time it was a camp solo thing so I had them to spur me on.  

I feel I am sometimes a bit of a grumpy nob-chease at the moment, not sure why, feel I am getting a bit old and disillusioned with the world as a whole. So my must do this year is just appreciatng everything around me and being nice to everyone I see. And talk to people, I have found I have become a bit insular and quiet recently which isn't a nice feeling. So be nice and talk to everybody, appreciate everybody, that's my must do this year

• Upvote 2

Here are some firsts that I must do this year;

Have a drink in the Avalon Inn

Watch something in the circus big top

Watch the sun set on the hill

Get a Goan fish curry

Get an ice cream from Mendip Moments

Go up the ribbon tower (queue dependent)

Make something in the Green Fields

I like the person that just answered enjoy it, but suppose it would be a boring thread if we all answered that way.

So:

Goto my first ever gig at crows nest

See Frank turner at strummerville

Get a cocktail from place with the birdcage & drink it watching a comedian at cabaret (always do this at some point)

Have a le grand bouffe (another yearly occurance)

Try a new food type (quite often manage this, glasto is where I had my first ever tartaflette, falafel & jerk chicken - not all at once!)

Spend Wednesday & Thursday with friends (I'm guilty of ploughing a lone furrow once the bands start)

Dance to Lizzo & mosh to babymetal

See something on greenfields stage (don't think I've ever been there)

Visit Crows Nest and Strummerville for first time

Have massage

See Kylie and Lizzo

Take part in the wedding procession on the Thursday

Goan Fish Curry

Fatboy @ Glade and Craig Charles @ Truth

Pangea

2nd time lucky with carrots at Rabbit Hole?

Foraging in the Stone Circle

Kick off the live music with Bjorn Again

Find the Underground Piano Bar

18 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Power Ballad Yoga was so fantastic in 2017!  And absolute highlight!  I  have it on my list again this year if I can discipline myself enough to get up in time.  Las time it was a camp solo thing so I had them to spur me on.  

...I'm in! Determined to get up early on the Thursday and make the most of the day. Mental note to make sure I am suitably attired that morning, for everyone's sake, and so I can pull my yoga moves with carefree abandon! (maybe not a flimsy dress!)

32 minutes ago, rosieangel said:

Visit Crows Nest and Strummerville for first time

Have massage

See Kylie and Lizzo

Take part in the wedding procession on the Thursday

Goan Fish Curry

Fatboy @ Glade and Craig Charles @ Truth

Pangea

2nd time lucky with carrots at Rabbit Hole?

Foraging in the Stone Circle

Kick off the live music with Bjorn Again

Find the Underground Piano Bar

If you're in/at the stone circle, you'd be very very close to the Underground Piano Bar!  I can tell you exactly where it is if you'd like but don't want to spoil it if trying to find it is part of the fun?!

My goals are:

EAT MORE.  One meal a day is not enough. Stop having a breakfast/lunch and then getting complacent and then forget to eat anything later.

Have at least one BIG late night/early morning dancing. Preferably 2 or 3.

Sleep in as much as possible.

Don't get overexcited and start chomping stash in the early afternoon.

See Friendly Fires.

Go to Strummerville for first time.

EXPLORE MORE.

38 minutes ago, uscore said:

EAT MORE.  One meal a day is not enough. Stop having a breakfast/lunch and then getting complacent and then forget to eat anything later.

massively agree with this, usually end up having a smoothie in the morning and half a pizza or something around midday before I sack it all off

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

If you're in/at the stone circle, you'd be very very close to the Underground Piano Bar!  I can tell you exactly where it is if you'd like but don't want to spoil it if trying to find it is part of the fun?!

I have heard it's in that direction. A clue would be great but otherwise think I want to try and find it! Thank you though!!

5 minutes ago, rosieangel said:

I have heard it's in that direction. A clue would be great but otherwise think I want to try and find it! Thank you though!!

Well if you’re stood in the middle of the circle, you’re within about 200m of it. I won’t say which direction then?

Ok: 

- Visit new stages, i'm not bad for this (I've done the Rabbit Hole, Underground Piano Bar etc...) but I still need to check off; Glasto Latino, HMS Charity, Rum Shack, Crows Nest Acoustic, BBC Introducing and probably many many more. Also the entire area of Strummaville and some of the SE Corner remain complete unexplored by me!

- Eat food from the stalls! I've always done Glastonbury as a poor student, this time i'm going with a full time job and intend to eat from the stalls as opposed to bringing my own. Absolutely buzzing!

- Catch Billy Bragg. I've spoken to him at Glastonbury but never seen any of his sets. He's a festival staple and one I need to see. 

- Not Regret my clash decisions. Obviously as always there are clashes, but I absolutely refuse to feel like I've made the wrong decision even four or five years later haha. I'm gonna make my decision, get drunk and have a ball (and If its the wrong decision realise and move quickly!). I'm looking at you Saturday night!