Who Are Your Headliners?

nikkic

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Frank Turner 

Killers

The Cure

Frank's going to be heaving isn't it. Major coup for Avalon.

I think it also won't be helped by the later start, as I think some people might drift there after watching a bit of something else too. And heading towards the SE corner. 

Fortunately want to see TMN so can spend the evening in there. 

Fri - Interpol or Idles - So unsure whether to go with Idles to check out the SEC as I won’t do it otherwise and I know Idles will smash it but worry about getting in and getting no Friday headliner or go safe and watch Interpol...

Sat - The Killers

Sun - The Cure

Friday - Interpol or Tame Impala

Saturday - Chemical Brothers 

Sunday - The Cure

I saw Interpol at APE and was very impressed so wouldn't mind another slice. Although I've always said Tame Impala probably put on a great show in the dark so nows my chance. 

I'm gutted Chems clash with Wu-Tang and The Damned, easily my worst clash of the weekend as they were 3 of my 4 must see's (The festival gods can be bloody cruel!). I've still never seen the Chems though so that has to happen, especially at Glastonbury of all places. 

As for Sunday, It's The Streets v The Cure but The Cure just about shade it for me as an act I've never seen. Although I can imagine everyone I'll be with will be bound for The Streets, so beer and peer pressure may change things! 

Back and forth with what to do Saturday night. 

Plan A was Hot Chip, but I think the later finish will stop us getting to The Gas Tower in time for Bicep.

Chemical Brothers are now back in the mix, although this would stop us from being able to see Four Tet at Pangea (which is what we were going to do before Hot Chip).

Quite the poser. 

Friday - Fatboy Slim (before heading to Arcadia for Charlotte de Witte who's the real headliner that night)

Saturday - Chems

Sunday - Early doors in SEC for Elvana, Hospitality takeover and Dusky

Disappointed it's so dance heavy this year and might end up catching the start of The Cure on Sunday just to mix it up a bit but they're the stand outs currently

Friday - Tame impala (might have had a FT dilemma, but my girlfriend hates him & I'll catch his secret set instead)

Saturday - Hot Chip (came to terms with missing Chems)

Sunday - hopefully rex orange county followed by cure (gf not sure about missing start, but for me it's good compromise as I'm missing out on Christine & the queen's)

Stormzy (maybe, saw him at Big Weekend and had a great time but I'm thinking maybe use this time for exploring while everyone's at a headline act).

Hot Chip (definitely - but i'll be gutted if the John Peel TBA is Foals or Robyn).

Janelle Monae (devastated that Christine is on at the same time but JM wins for me). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 9:11 AM, Gnomicide said:

Frank Turner 

Killers

The Cure

Frank's going to be heaving isn't it. Major coup for Avalon.

Absolutely rammed! Really looking forward to seeing him there but do kind of think they haven't appreciated how many people will pitch up 

Edited by Digi
  • Upvote 1