Who Are Your Headliners?

nikkic

1 minute ago, Jah_Roots said:

mmm, sort of ... the Pyramid field is a helluva nicer place to be than the Other stage field tho'.

Other is fine for a headliner, especially Tame & The Chems with all their pretty lights .... it's when it is a wet & windy pm slot that it is all a bit grim.

6 minutes ago, Jah_Roots said:

mmm, sort of ... the Pyramid field is a helluva nicer place to be than the Other stage field tho'.

The Other stage field can be a bit barren in the day, but it's very good later on, especially during headline time, so that's all good (if those are the bands you want to see!).

Edited by Homer

6 minutes ago, Jah_Roots said:

yeah, you're absolutely right - i've not seen too many headliners there but the ones i have seen have been brilliant and were great fun - Prodigy & Pet Shop Boys spring to mind.

i stand corrected!

(but its still a crappy place to be in the day time...:-))

It's a bit of nothing, which can make it feel very bleak when it's not that busy during the day, but also means that the right headline act, with an impressive enough stage show, can essentially have carte blanche with it in a way that few other stages offer.

Imo.

Just now, Winslow Leach said:

It's a bit of nothing, which can make it feel very bleak when it's not that busy during the day, but also means that the right headline act, with an impressive enough stage show, can essentially have carte blanche with it in a way that few other stages offer.

Imo.

Sunset sets there can really take off. Mark Ronson for example a few years ago.

Friday: Not sure - poss Jon Hopkins if someone can convince me its more of the ravey end. If not then possibly Fat Boy or Bicep. 

Saturday: Chems nailed on (2015 was insane)

Sunday: The Streets. largely because of the tent factor and keeping to party alive. 

22 minutes ago, Homer said:

The Other stage field can be a bit barren in the day, but it's very good later on, especially during headline time, so that's all good (if those are the bands you want to see!).

In a nutshell the Other is good when it's dark and you can't see the bleakness around it.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

In a nutshell the Other is good when it's dark and you can't see the bleakness around it.

Was going to say, sundown/sub/third down can be decent there too (Interpol, Foals and Royksopp spring to mind). So, in conclusion, it's more to do with being at least slightly pissed than any lack of visibility (unless you tend to combine the two).

I find the Pyramid fairly tedious in the day too, though, TBH.

Friday - Tame Impala. They were my standout name when the first poster dropped. Was hopefully for a new album by now, the two singles they’ve released are ok but can’t say I’m overly excited seeing pretty much the same set for a 4th time.

Saturday - Killers. It’s 50/50 between them and Chems but I’ll go Killers simply for the Pyramid 

Sunday - Streets. Not too fussed about them but nothing else on the main stages for me and I’ve never seen a John Peel headliner.

Pretty sure it will be Tame and Chems, but Sunday a bit of a three-way headache (Cure, Janelle or CATQ). Not thrilled at the prospect of three nights on the bounce spent at the Other so may end up elsewhere on Sunday for that reason alone.

Can people not ditch their other halves no? You have your whole life to hang around with them and your chosen headliner are only playing for two hours or so? When I had a girlfriend we never felt the need to be glued to each other at fests.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Can people not ditch their other halves no? You have your whole life to hang around with them and your chosen headliner are only playing for two hours or so? When I had a girlfriend we never felt the need to be glued to each other at fests.

Different strokes, some couples are happy being apart. Others want to experience stuff together.

21 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

"When I had ...." ?

I think you're right though.

• Like 1

Friday the plan is Solardo into Fatboy Slim at Glade.

Saturday is a tough one but probably Chemical Brothers, then straight over to The Temple for Richy Ahmed.

Sunday we're undecided, need to see where the mood takes us. Probably JM at West Holts.

Probably Fatboy Slim, The Killers/Hot Chip and either Chris or Janelle.

I wouldve have gone for Tame but seen them so many times and their set has barely changed in years. Also planned for Jon Hopkins for a while but again, already seen him this album cycle and fancy a proper birthday dance on the Friday