Best coffee on site

deebeedoobee

I own 3 cafeteria and 3 expresso stove tops but no aero press at home. Will take my own kit for camp coffees and probably buy around 4 to 6 per day whilst out*. Not too fussed where from but I generally do a walk past to eye up their kit before deciding to making a purchase. 

*addict

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

My son is a barista and swears by it.

.... er, is your son going to be in East Fields each morning to give demos and free samples?

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Apart from the great coffee the aero press makes, I like the fact that there is no cleaning really. Once you have pushed the coffee through, it’s just a twist of the top and a pop into the food bin. No mess. The thing is virtually clean, maybe just a quick rinse if you are anal. 

I love our Aeropress for the same reasons however found that if camping I am literally faster down by the coffee stall than getting everything set up. (also might have had some unfortunate accident one year when VERY hungover and lost all the filters in the mud....?)

4 minutes ago, dazednconfused said:

I love our Aeropress for the same reasons however found that if camping I am literally faster down by the coffee stall than getting everything set up. (also might have had some unfortunate accident one year when VERY hungover and lost all the filters in the mud....?)

Ah that is rubbish.

im not sure I would bother bringing any kit for coffee if I was camping at Glastonbury. As you say a stroll to a stall is much nicer than lumping a stove/ kit for DIY.

We were camped a really long way away from any food vans last time, and by the time I walked to the coffee van and queued up I was already getting a bit of a headache. Will be bringing some cans of espresso and maybe a few Baileys coffee for first thing in the morning this time.

1 hour ago, ian the worm said:

Oh in that case he may be my local dealer. Was he there before, little shack/van/tent thing?

No this is the first year they are trading back stage. It’s the Cheeky bean cafe. They have a blue tuc tuc. They have a cafe in Shepton and also run the coffee shed in collett Park in Shepton .

2 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

No this is the first year they are trading back stage. It’s the Cheeky bean cafe. They have a blue tuc tuc. They have a cafe in Shepton and also run the coffee shed in collett Park in Shepton .

I might have to pay deebeedoobee Jr a visit

On 6/3/2019 at 11:07 AM, giantkatestacks said:

Mr Stacks likes the coffee from a small place diagonally opposite Leftfield in the same run as The Guardian. This may only be because he once chatted to Billy Bragg there though.

Is that the tea and toast stall? I met Billy there too in 2017. He told me it was his favourite place and offered to stand me a cuppa as I said I'd nearly run out of cash. He withdrew the offer when I admitted it was because I'd spent my last tenner on a lobster roll :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Can you explain why they are such a big deal? I just don't get it when I look at them online. Lots of bits and how is better than just a cafetiere? Cos we're thinking just pack the cafetiere for the caravan but have to buy a new one that isn't glass. 

13 hours ago, tarw said:

Not many bits just a big syringe with filter paper in. They’re the only thing I know that will do anything approaching an espresso other than a machine. I now use it at home instead of the machine because it is easier and quicker. 

If you like cafetière coffee get a plastic one. To me if you like espresso or americano coffee get an aeropress. 

It's not just about convenience though, is it? It makes a much cleaner, brighter coffee than a cafetière/French press (which tends to leave very fine particles in the coffee - the slight sludge at the end - because of the mesh filter). My son once did a demo for folk at work who were sceptical - took their coffee and made it with the aeropress instead of the the cafetière. They were really impressed. Then he said 'but this is the best bit', opened the bin, removed the plastic cap and popped the puck of coffee out. Sadly he missed the bin and sprayed coffee grounds all over the kitchen floor - not sure how many he managed to convert .....

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 10:33 AM, Joe Shez said:

This is really lame but does anyone know anywhere that does decent decaf?

This may have been answered as I have not read the whole thread. There was one near the bandstand. used to be in west holts but moved out due to cost.

Don't drink it myself but Mrs Q said it was good

Love getting up in the morning and walking across the site in my Pj's and getting an early morning coffee. Great Thread.
Think the Aeropress looks interesting but you miss all the early morning Glasto sights - late night revellers who've not quite made it home, sleepy people, security guards asleep on a bench, litter pickers dipping off for a quick coffee and on and on.  Had some of the best conversations first thing in the morning too.  Never been able to do this at any other festival Ive been too where they restrict your movement in the mornings.  Will definitely track down the Proper Coffee stand - 'says what it does on the tin', Love it.  Cant wait x 

There was a coffee place in the part that we frequented on the way back to west campervan fields a few years ago. One night we asked them for a shot of brandy in the coffee, they obliged for a ridiculously low supplement, 50p from memory. We made it a nightly thing.

By the third night they'd cottoned on and had a chalk board up advertising coffee & brandy...£4.50

On 6/3/2019 at 5:28 AM, Losing my hair said:

In The Glasto Hacks thread @The Nal and @pie_and_a_pint pointed me in the direction of Proper Coffee between West Holts and Williams Green

Directions from The Nal - "On the corner as you're walking into the Circus field. Sort of beside the paella place. Its really good. From 1 min 35 here" 

"Proper Coffee" is by far my favorite.  

(also used to have a huge crush on one of the staff, so I drank a lot of coffee that year) 

4 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Thanks for the advice peeps. Have just bought an aeropress based on the feedback on here. 

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned.... but the metal filters for them are great, and save you faffing about with tiny thin bits of paper in the morning. Search for cafe concerto aero press filters on Amazon.... the brass looking one is the best.