William’s Green 2019

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

And make sure you don’t move. It becomes nothing short of chaotic on Thursday around WG, to the point that I’m not even bothering with that part of the site this year. Hope a few other distractions will ease the crowd issues

Given the bigger and better lineup this year they must have something planned elsewhere? Like lots on elsewhere. Thursday 2017 was chaos. Throw in that anthem band, 2 x TBCs and Elvana and...well I dunno. Huge crowds surely?

Really looking forward to seeing Bill Ryder-Jones, I'd normally expect to see him at the Park or John Peel, so WG will be a change.

Sadly no show from WG stalwarts The Smyths this year, I had a 'chat' to them over Twitter a while back, apparently having a year off from it.   

4 minutes ago, AAlex said:

Do the names for the Thursday generally get out before? 2017 was my first year and it seemed like everyone knew it was Circa Waves/Everything Everything weeks before, assumed/hoped that was the norm.

Keep and eye on this thread: https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/230164-secret-setstbas-2019/

And follow SecretGlasto on Twitter.

Then you'll be in the know. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/19/2019 at 9:50 AM, majormajormajor said:

bump

saw black midi last night - full on. what a strange band, in a good way. blown away in parts, confused in others, but they're fucking great, i'll say that.

Saw them supporting Pig x7 not so long back and whilst I thought the band were decent, I would go as far as to say the drummer is one of the best I've ever seen. Certainly live. Amazing talent, playing almost a jazz style off beat but in time.

Would recommend for seeing him alone

2 hours ago, Fat envelope said:

Saw them supporting Pig x7 not so long back and whilst I thought the band were decent, I would go as far as to say the drummer is one of the best I've ever seen. Certainly live. Amazing talent, playing almost a jazz style off beat but in time.

Would recommend for seeing him alone

Agree with all of that. Amazing. See you at 11am?

On 6/2/2019 at 10:22 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Interesting how times change – William's Green is morphing into the John Peel of yore; John Peel is an amalgamation of Park, WH and Other, with occasional Silver Hayes acts like Annie Mac, Fatboy and Diplo topping it; Other seems to house big bands that used to walk on the Pyramid with ease; Park this year has a lot of acts you might have pegged for the WH.

This is very true. I was just listening to a John Peel stage playlist. As a long-time fan of the great man I must say that there is very little on there that Peel would play on his radio show, if he were around today....

On 6/19/2019 at 11:16 AM, Hugh Jass said:

I'm still gutted that Shame are clashing with Liam G.

Planning to end the Thursday crawl at Guilty Pleasures though...

Cant decide on guilty pleasures on Ro90s. 

Went to Ro90s 2017 and it was superb, so the age old dilema of can it be as good again or something new?!! 

7 hours ago, AAlex said:

Do the names for the Thursday generally get out before? 2017 was my first year and it seemed like everyone knew it was Circa Waves/Everything Everything weeks before, assumed/hoped that was the norm.

2017 was from me as my mate was working with Circa Waves so I leaked the lot.