William’s Green 2019

FloorFiller

11 hours ago, Simpo said:

Guarantee that, as a Heavenly band, they'll be booked on the Crows' Nest too, so be ready for their lineup announcements each morning.

Oo I'll do just that. I was looking at the crows nest twitter from 2017 and they didn't half get some good acts. 

11 hours ago, Ged Devereux said:

Also on Greenpeace stage on Friday at 3:30. Could see him playing crows nest too

27 minutes ago, briddj said:

Also on the Greenpeace Stage on Friday afternoon.

Yeah, I only say preferably WG because I've not got as much to see elsewhere as when the Greenpeace set is. Doesn't mean I won't make it to the Greenpeace one, but WG is nearly nailed on (as long as I'm awake...) 

11 hours ago, Brownie30 said:

Definitely recommend that Leeds gig if you won't catch them at WG - asides from a 20 minute set at Latitude 3 years ago EartH was the first time I've seen them properly live (having enjoyed their two albums) and I was pretty blown away. 

I can't stop listening to both their albums. Leeds is almost definite now. And I can't write off the possibility of WG now as well.

9 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Phenomenal line up....its like a magnet for every post punk indie guitar band.

I will be spending alot of time at WG....whats good to eat around there?

There is (or definitely used to be) a rotisserie chicken place that was top notch! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Loads of ace stuff. Happy Maki (vegan sushi) Dhosa Deli, a really good woodfired pizza that is made by a guy who was on the Bake off years ago, Amazing brownie from The Green Brownie and I'm sure there's a decent mexican as well though I'm sure one time it was better than the next time I had it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

How easy will it be to get in for Ultimate Power and Massaoke? Not fussed on the secret sets but some afternoon sing a long fun sounds like a dream.

It’ll be rammed! Ultimate power were the first act on Thursday in 2017, we were there when the tent opened and legged it to the front. The whole tent and field outside was packed for a great singalong! 

This time they’re on later so the tent will be full beforehand. Don’t let it put you off though, it’s a great start to the fest?

3 hours ago, BlackZeppelin said:

In 2016 there was a fantastic little place in the corner to the right of the WG tent that did the best triple-cooked chips. For that pure-carb hit it was magical. Not sure it was there in 2017, though...

Ben

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

How easy will it be to get in for Ultimate Power and Massaoke? Not fussed on the secret sets but some afternoon sing a long fun sounds like a dream.

You don't really need to be inside the tent for them. Outside the tent is just as much fun. I seem to recall people doing Dirty Dancing routines outside the tent in 2017 because it was quite hot to be in the tent. 

5 hours ago, Skelts said:

It’ll be rammed! Ultimate power were the first act on Thursday in 2017, we were there when the tent opened and legged it to the front. The whole tent and field outside was packed for a great singalong! 

This time they’re on later so the tent will be full beforehand. Don’t let it put you off though, it’s a great start to the fest?

You must've been close to us then. Just by chance we ended up right by the entrance as they dropped the rope. Never thought I'd enjoy this kind of thing but loved it.

Edited by SighMo

On 6/3/2019 at 5:37 AM, dentalplan said:

Are there many? I was surprised how some of the acts weren't playing larger stages; Sundara Karma, Shame, Let's Eat Grandma I would have expected to be gracing larger stages. For the majority you won't have to worry about 'getting near' on Friday to Sunday because it doesn't really get that busy unless it's someone pretty huge like Vaccines or Bastille.

There's quite a lot of stuff. Have a look thru this playlist courtesy of @found home in 2009

Been going through this playlist the last couple of days. It may have ruined me for all other Stages.

I might as well just pitch the tent there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 12:28 PM, AThirteen said:

Literally parking myself at WG from 5pm on Thursday though to the end of the night.

And make sure you don’t move. It becomes nothing short of chaotic on Thursday around WG, to the point that I’m not even bothering with that part of the site this year. Hope a few other distractions will ease the crowd issues

Just now, Huckleberry Finn said:

And make sure you don’t move. It becomes nothing short of chaotic on Thursday around WG, to the point that I’m not even bothering with that part of the site this year. Hope a few other distractions will ease the crowd issues

I think Glastonbury have pulled Thursday out of the bag this year. There are lots of big distractions around the site. Frank Turner at Strummerville will be a huge draw and lots of great stuff all over the site. I think Williams Green will still be busy but possibly not as much. 

Very excited with this years line up, planning on camping out most of the day Saturday before heading up to see Foals if their secret set on the Park comes to fruition! Bit miffed Black Midi and Pip Blom clash on the Friday but I'm sure they'll both play Crows Nest slots over the weekend so that eases the pain