45 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I swear my box of Thatchers gets stronger with every pint.  It was like apple juice when I first opened it, now it seems to be about 10%!

Which one did you get?  I get a box of the Big Apple and it's like rocket fuel even though it's only 5%.

Does anyone know if Roger Wilkins is still selling, or has the rona shut him down for the time being?

18 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I swear my box of Thatchers gets stronger with every pint.  It was like apple juice when I first opened it, now it seems to be about 10%!

I've had the same sort of experience in the past with a box of their Cheddar Valley

22 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I think the abv of proper cider is more of a desire/guess than an actuality.

I also think it seems to get stronger with age.

The Hecks stuff is like rocket fuel too, i'll feel it after 1 pint and after 3 i'm pretty merry. However it doesn't give me a headache in the morning, I guess it's due to be full of apply goodness and sunshine - and no additives/chemicals etc.  

Edited by Johnnyseven

19 hours ago, Dark Star said:

Does anyone know if Roger Wilkins is still selling, or has the rona shut him down for the time being?

He was last May/June, a mate of mine who lives in Cheddar picked me up some and brought it the Glastonbury for me. Not sure a week in a hot tent did it any good though it tasted a bit of a edge to it when I got it home, unless it's supposed to be like that of course.

On 5/7/2020 at 2:28 PM, Johnnyseven said:

I think the abv of proper cider is more of a desire/guess than an actuality.

I also think it seems to get stronger with age.

The Hecks stuff is like rocket fuel too, i'll feel it after 1 pint and after 3 i'm pretty merry. However it doesn't give me a headache in the morning, I guess it's due to be full of apply goodness and sunshine - and no additives/chemicals etc.  

The 6% thing seems to be a mutually agreed thing between proper cider manufacturers and the excise man. I'm sure a lot of it is stronger.

The chemicals are definitely the thing that cause the headaches!

5 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

The chemicals are definitely the thing that cause the headaches!

If it catches the light right the Burrowhill Dry off of the Cider Bus has oily rainbows on the surface. 

23 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If it catches the light right the Burrowhill Dry off of the Cider Bus has oily rainbows on the surface. 

Same with the Hot 'n' Spicy. I wonder if it's due to residue from the wax lining of the cups? Would you still get the same if poured into a glass?

Lillys gladiator 8.4% still cider is pretty good for a medium dry cider rather too easy to drink as well 😉

Just gone to Burrow Hill’s site to order some more Cider Bus Cider and they’ve sold out!!!

@Hugh Jass this is what you want. Get your own mix. Cheaper and nicer  

image.thumb.jpeg.ea8b567910167ad800a60c74bc7a977f.jpeg

3 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

@Hugh Jass this is what you want. Get your own mix. Cheaper and nicer  

image.thumb.jpeg.ea8b567910167ad800a60c74bc7a977f.jpeg

I was hoping for the Bus bottles, not a fan of dry cider. Cheers though. I’m sure they’ll be back in stock soon enough.

For anyone who likes their cider a little less strong and wants to buy 10 or 20 litres, Seacider do bag-in-a-box cider too. They have a range of strengths, dryness, a good few fruit flavoured ciders and even a low alcohol (2%) cider.

https://www.seacider.co.uk/shop

Edited by Johnnyseven