27 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

Will be trialling this freebie later…  courtesy of mrs fish

76A7A469-CE5F-43C2-B8C7-FB45FD152377.jpeg

I've got one of those boxes, though its a bit empty now 😄 It's a good drop. I find it easier to drink more of than Cloudy Lemon. 

Dark Berry is damn fine thou, it's just a shame its only on draft. 

darkber.thumb.jpg.b6ca93796aa3dfcf63c5edc84b4b0d5a.jpg

18 minutes ago, tumbles said:

I've got one of those boxes, though its a bit empty now 😄 It's a good drop. I find it easier to drink more of than Cloudy Lemon. 

Not too sweet?

51 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

Will be trialling this freebie later…  courtesy of mrs fish

76A7A469-CE5F-43C2-B8C7-FB45FD152377.jpeg

21 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Picked one up at the supermarket the other week - really enjoyed it! Was near the in-laws though, haven't seen it anywhere near me 

10 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

Not too sweet?

The Dark Berry?  Not that bad actually, not as sweet as I was expecting. They used to do a 'mixed fruits' bottle which was similar. 

Fully expecting a 'Cheddar Strawberry Thatchers' line next thou! 

11 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Lilleys do boxes in bags: https://www.lilleyscider.co.uk/

Lots of fruit ciders - they are basically just alcoholic squash but my stomach struggles with carbonated beverages these days so they're a godsend for me.

Good shout for Lilley's although the ciders I tried from them tended to have sweeteners added, which is a flavour I've come to despise. But other than that, they're pretty good - with all the fruit flavours, they're a kind of gateway cider producer bridging the gap between more mainstream ciders and the more traditional or crafty ciders.

It was covered a while ago but to bring to this year, Wilkins Cider is great and the man is a legend, he will post you a box of cider if you can’t get there.

When we did this for my wedding we asked about the best way to pay and he said to wait until it arrived and we were happy with it then to send him a cheque. Very trusting but amazing. If you can get to his farm I’d highly recommend but try and not be the designated driver!

On 4/23/2022 at 9:42 PM, anditmakesmesmile said:

I saw they do still cider boxes. In the past I’ve frozen rosé wine boxes, which have remained cold until the Friday. Has anyone tried doing this with still cider? 

I've frozen Westons Organic still cider before. I used it to make mulled cider so didn't drink it straight, but it tasted fine for that.

13 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Good shout for Lilley's although the ciders I tried from them tended to have sweeteners added, which is a flavour I've come to despise. But other than that, they're pretty good - with all the fruit flavours, they're a kind of gateway cider producer bridging the gap between more mainstream ciders and the more traditional or crafty ciders.

I had a couple of pints of Lilley's Rhubarb cider in a pub in Kingston on Saturday. It made me feel a bit odd after 2 pints, I think it was all the sugar in it.

On 4/26/2022 at 9:34 AM, Barneym said:

It was covered a while ago but to bring to this year, Wilkins Cider is great and the man is a legend, he will post you a box of cider if you can’t get there.

When we did this for my wedding we asked about the best way to pay and he said to wait until it arrived and we were happy with it then to send him a cheque. Very trusting but amazing. If you can get to his farm I’d highly recommend but try and not be the designated driver!

I’m visiting him on Saturday 😁

Got a question for the cider experts. Is there a decent cider you can drink a lot of?

For previous Glasto’s I’ve always taken Strongbow, I know you can barely class it as cider.

It’s advantages are decent .abv and has the same bland taste whether its warm cold or flat so ideal to be left in a tent all day. 

I’ve been trying to get into Thatchers Gold. Taste is spot on, no complaints there but it plays havoc with my digestion due to all the fruit and sugars so after 3-4 cans I can’t drink any more of it. 
At least strongbow has never even seen an apple. 

What would you recommend to a northerner who wants to drink a lot of volume but who hasn’t got the hardy West Country constitution. 

11 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Got a question for the cider experts. Is there a decent cider you can drink a lot of?

For previous Glasto’s I’ve always taken Strongbow, I know you can barely class it as cider.

It’s advantages are decent .abv and has the same bland taste whether its warm cold or flat so ideal to be left in a tent all day. 

I’ve been trying to get into Thatchers Gold. Taste is spot on, no complaints there but it plays havoc with my digestion due to all the fruit and sugars so after 3-4 cans I can’t drink any more of it. 

What would you recommend to a northerner who wants to drink a lot of volume but who hasn’t got the hardy West Country constitution. 

Very difficult to suggest one that doesn’t give you the side effect and gold certainly does for me.  Out of the Thatchers cans I’d say Haze gives me the least issue. 

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

I tend to be able to drink more of the flat scrumpy stuff. Try a small box of Sheppy's and see how you get on with that:

https://www.sheppyscider.com/online-shop/ciders/farmhouse-draught-cider-medium/