13 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

He you go old son.. Now not alot of people know this but this farm also supplies 3 or 4 farmers around the glastonbury site.. Basically making it under there farms name.. I found this out a few years ago when returning from glasto when I pulled into the farm.. Not far from Mr dusty actually.. 

Anyway this be famous down theses areas.. 

https://www.newforestcider.co.uk/index.php/shop.html

I'm sure this stuff is good but the Burrow Hill and Hecks cider is fair bit cheaper for 20 litres.

https://www.somersetciderbrandy.com/shop

https://www.heckscider.com/shop/

44 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Anyone who has ordered from Burrow Hill - how long does delivery take?

Hoping to make a few mates very jealous on our Zoom catch up this weekend.

I don't remember it taking long, but maybe give them a call and ask?

When I ordered form Hecks they sent the same day and I received the day after, but they only post on monday, tuesday and wednesday. Again if you want quickly, give them a call and they may be able to send today.

https://www.heckscider.com/shop/ 

Edited by Johnnyseven

Had my first cider in ages the other day - Thatchers Gold for the old nostalgic Glastonbury taste. Much preferred it to Mallets - did anyone ever hear what happened with the contract? I'm sure I read that Thatchers had a contract through to the early 2020s but suddenly Mallets replaced last year

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm sure I read that Thatchers had a contract through to the early 2020s but suddenly Mallets replaced last year

That’s a shame, I’m not particularly a fan of Mallets & I missed out on tickets last year. Somehow this passed me by.

10 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Had my first cider in ages the other day - Thatchers Gold for the old nostalgic Glastonbury taste. Much preferred it to Mallets - did anyone ever hear what happened with the contract? I'm sure I read that Thatchers had a contract through to the early 2020s but suddenly Mallets replaced last year

I had a delivery of Thatchers Rascal, Green Goblin and Vintage the other week, as well as a box of Big Apple from Mrs P for my birthday.  Rascal and Big Apple are faves of mine.

The festival definitely need to bring Thatchers back but I think the fact Mallets is made in Wells by Brothers the festival like to support local businesses.

Thatchers use to have a small stall between Pyramid and T'Other stage selling their craft ciders but that hasn't been there the last couple of years, this was how I got into Big Apple.

2 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Didn’t hate Mallets last year but in my opinion, Thatchers is much much better. From a selfish point of view I hope the go back to thatchers soon! 

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Seems there is a bottling plant up here, they would be cheaper just moving the monks and the fucking abbey up to somewhere like Coatbridge or Wishaw. 

We went to Buckfast Abbey on a Geography field trip when I was at uni. I don’t remember much of the trip but it was a nice day out.

6 minutes ago, Bisque said:

We went to Buckfast Abbey on a Geography field trip when I was at uni. I don’t remember much of the trip but it was a nice day out.

Sounds good, thought a geography field trip would be more about glaciation, ox bow lakes, coastal erosion etc.  Mind you we used to take our chemistry classes to distilleries and hoover up the free miniatures, well the kids were not old enough to appreciate the finest malts .