The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

My running shoes are covered in Glastonbury Mud from Sunday :) The stone circle was quite soggy, one chap lost his shoe in it as he ran up!! 

My run last night was powered by the mud on my shoes still. Brilliant! 

Can you just walk round the site then? If I’m ever down there it would be nice to see with nothing there

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Probably the result of my 750 runners on Sunday.  Its winter, mud and puddles happen, its normal. 

Much like the crane getting more developed each year, will lucyginger's shoes join big dog, big stick, jam jars and avocados for next year's forecast?

22 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

Can you just walk round the site then? If I’m ever down there it would be nice to see with nothing there

yes .. the official line is stick to the footpaths ... the polite thing is also to stick your head in the festival office and remember its a working farm 

33 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Much like the crane getting more developed each year, will lucyginger's shoes join big dog, big stick, jam jars and avocados for next year's forecast?

I'm not sure Lucy's shoes are good for Big dog's sensitive nose ( sorry Lucy ?)

On reflection I know what he puts his nose into...

Plans for 2020 are top secret ???

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

And the correct answer this year was of course, trainers.

Bang on.

Although I remember wandering around SE corner on the Wednesday night and I must have found the only wet patch in the entire festival. Walking along chatting to my mate and next thing I know I’ve lost a shoe to the mud. Unfortunately this was the early hours of the morning so had a wet foot for the rest of the night.

51 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Plans should include the Mary’s gate puddle. That doesn’t rely on canine idiosyncrasies 

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Don't fall into the trap of bigger and better every year Dee. That's how you go from Stone Roses  to Second Coming*

*other shit follow ups are available

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

So does 2007!

EDIT: It's a midsummer festival, not a hike up Ben Nevis in winter!

I was there in 2007 and I admit the choice of clothing wouldn't have made any difference.  Where you camped did, however, make a big difference.

5 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Although I remember wandering around SE corner on the Wednesday night and I must have found the only wet patch in the entire festival. Walking along chatting to my mate and next thing I know I’ve lost a shoe to the mud. Unfortunately this was the early hours of the morning so had a wet foot for the rest of the night.

Yeah there was one path (I think from the side of the Common up to the old railway?) which was absolutely sodden for the entire festival, even on Sunday night. None of my group could work out how or why such a specific area was staying so wet