Sawdusty Surfer

The State Of The Ground.

Today still loads of cups, cans, food shit but at least no bottles which i invariably end up tripping up on when im pissed.

Pyramid as usual a right state. Why cant people bin their rubbish ffs. 

Ruined my boots last week in Download (the sole came off my right boot, haha) and I gambled on not buying replacements once I saw the forecast.

Glad I’ve just got my trainers, two months to save up for boots for Reading haha.

On 6/28/2019 at 4:54 PM, Pinhead said:

Today still loads of cups, cans, food shit but at least no bottles which i invariably end up tripping up on when im pissed.

quite a few bottles appeared on Sunday - the day ticket holders seem to bring a lot in....

Yeah the count seemed to go up didnt it as the weekend went on. Still nicely reduced, but a lot of cans instead.

Edited by Pinhead

On 6/27/2019 at 11:17 AM, Jne___ said:

Not so much weather wise but I’m curious to know how the litter is this year with the plastic bottle ban? Would be cool if it actually made a substantial difference. Perhaps it’s too early to tell? Let me know!

Was an utter disgrace at every stage (Glade and some of the Green fields notable exceptions) and even most campsites. Saw so many people chucking cans or plates on the floor when 5m from bins :girlsad:

Of course, it doesn't help when some of the bins are filling up quicker than they are being emptied but is there really any excuse for that? As others have said, it's really not a challenge to have a net positive effect on the festival. Clear away your own shit and a couple of extra tinnies every time you pop to a bin and it's better for everyone.

Edited by dulcificum

Pyramid bad during Cure. So many cans was actually starting to trip up on them whilst making my way in.

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

@Bin Fish as promised your flag was flying at Beatherder. It’ll be out again at Leopallouza festival in a weeks time.

1B6C88DF-4087-47B4-9089-37BF31E29E95.jpeg

Oh my god, I love it! That's 100% your flag now though Dee. 😘

Hope you had a great time in my (former) neck of the woods. I never realised it was quite so close to home!

Edited by Bin Fish

8 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Still very dusty.

Are you still on site? If so is there much infrastructure etc left? 

Just switched on 6 for the first time in absolutely aaaaaaages and, bizarrely, immediately caught Lammo playing a suggestion from @deebeedoobee(unless there's more than one!). Napalm Death, as seen at Boomtown apparently...

3 hours ago, Homer said:

Just switched on 6 for the first time in absolutely aaaaaaages and, bizarrely, immediately caught Lammo playing a suggestion from @deebeedoobee(unless there's more than one!). Napalm Death, as seen at Boomtown apparently...

Yep twas me . Lammo  is my mate. Was chatting on air with him in January. And yes, Napalm Death were epic at Boomtown 

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So, how’s the ground for the pilton party!

Lush grass. Firm under foot. Currently no wellies needed.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So, how’s the ground for the pilton party!

We were there at the weekend and it was glorious. Lush long grass, dusty tracks and entirely sitable everywhere. Here is a random picture which demonstrates lushness and, if I can work out how to do it, I will upload some of my crap amateur gopro walkabout on the farm footage.

20190825_154309.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Nice!   Heading down for a few days in the town before Friday. Will pack the wellies and rain cape just in case. What a treat, getting back to the site so soon after the festival!  Might even head into the village a few days before and visit the Crown! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

@deebeedoobee I don't live too far away from the site and was thinking of a stroll around it this Sunday.  Would that be a bad idea - is it busy with prep for the Pilton Party and would I just be getting in the way?  I can wait until later in Sept if need be!

35 minutes ago, Skelts said:

@deebeedoobee I don't live too far away from the site and was thinking of a stroll around it this Sunday.  Would that be a bad idea - is it busy with prep for the Pilton Party and would I just be getting in the way?  I can wait until later in Sept if need be!

As long as you stay away from red gate and the JP field you'll be fine. Lots of tourists have been on site this month. Never a problem as long as folks stick to the by ways and respect the farm. But then that's a given I know. Best stay on Eavis land too. The farmer from Steenbow has been getting funny with people walking/running  on his land. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Nice!   Heading down for a few days in the town before Friday. Will pack the wellies and rain cape just in case. What a treat, getting back to the site so soon after the festival!  Might even head into the village a few days before and visit the Crown! 

The Crown is a great pub. Very friendly landladies too.

31 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

As long as you stay away from red gate and the JP field you'll be fine. Lots of tourists have been on site this month. Never a problem as long as folks stick to the by ways and respect the farm. But then that's a given I know. Best stay on Eavis land too. The farmer from Steenbow has been getting funny with people walking/running  on his land. 

Thanks for the advice :)