The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

Outside JP tent. As others have said, unless you're really spangled you'll be able to walk around the odd bit of standing water (and theres not much of it). It's been overcast and muggy so not the best ground drying weather. Reckon it'll be hard as nails by Thursday. 

20190625_175332.jpg

9 minutes ago, hurdy said:

Outside JP tent. As others have said, unless you're really spangled you'll be able to walk around the odd bit of standing water (and theres not much of it). It's been overcast and muggy so not the best ground drying weather. Reckon it'll be hard as nails by Thursday. 

20190625_175332.jpg

If that's as bad as it gets then I'm risking trainers!

Thank you to everyone who has posted pictures, you're all awesome. Have an amazing festival and see you at the meet!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Daily Fail trying to make out it's a mud bath already with some select photos below:

1998300235_Mud12019.jpg.e3cd814584f540585e560867a3962a5a.jpg912755404_Mud22019.jpg.c67d67a4cdfbe366aa44cb3bc601447e.jpg1860879881_Mud32019.jpg.171eb401ce3032be631b761c536693fe.jpg

Daily Fail can do one. This is the croosroads at the entrance to The Park now. Not quite the mud fest the last photo makes out. 

20190625_191620.jpg

4 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Thanks for all the updates. Is it still raining on site and is the ground holding up? I’m still persisting trainers only for tomorrow. 

Hasn't rained solidly since around 8 this morning. Spat a bit about an hour ago. 

2 minutes ago, hurdy said:

Hasn't rained solidly since around 8 this morning. Spat a bit about an hour ago. 

Sounds grand. Hopefully the lack of rain over the next 12 hours can help to dry that Park entrance and other bits on site before we all descend on it. 

33 minutes ago, hurdy said:

Daily Fail can do one. This is the croosroads at the entrance to The Park now. Not quite the mud fest the last photo makes out. 

20190625_191620.jpg

Total agree they can do one, as they have being trying to say all week it will be a wash out with heavy rain - such nonsense as usual

You have clarified where the picture was taken for me as just couldn't figure it out - so cheers for that

Have a great festival :) (I'm unfortunately watching from home as ticket god were not kind this year :( )

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

If that's as bad as it gets then I'm risking trainers!

Thank you to everyone who has posted pictures, you're all awesome. Have an amazing festival and see you at the meet!

Honestly I've been in trainers all day. Barring a few muddy areas its fine. 

Been sitting at the cider bus a large part of this evening. Cheers everyone! 

IMG_20190625_194038_231.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Ground is fine! Sat with @Pear_Cider , pear ciders son and @fatyeti24 overlooking the site. 

Ps, IIcon is fucking HUGE

IMG_20190625_182403.jpg

IMG_20190625_165657.jpg

What a lovely photo, I don't know you personally, I can't get there until Thursday so cant meet up at the efests meet, but its lovely to put faces to (made up) names. Little bit jealous tonight I must say. Might see you over the weekend...

11 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Morning all. Rain overnight but it has only affected the top inch of the ground. Rain now stopped and it's brightening up. 

Nothing to worry about.

One more sleep to go.

It's going to be the best one yet :)

Sorry about the poor framing of the vid.

Love your posts Sawdusty this year and from prior years. Would you object to me offering you a warm can of Stella (I suspect you have higher standards?!) when I pass your pad you over the weekend as a thanks for all your wonderful insights into whats going on pre gates opening over the past few years?