The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

40 minutes ago, paulshane said:

parked up in E17, bone dry :) long green grass, all good, the sun is even trying to peek out :)

I though by getting here early i'd get a better spot, but i'm fucking miles away from gate C :DUnavailable

image.thumb.png.d3da1be4c1fdf813c81ea73949a3f9eb.png

We were in E 17 in 2017 and did not arrive until 4.am Weds morning.  

I am not sure if there is a rhyme or reason so to speak on how the fill or chose which fields they chose to fill up first.

I wonder if they thought  state of the  ground wise to fill up certain fields first ? 

Edited by ivan

Just now, ivan said:

We were in E 17 in 2017 and did not arrive until 4.am Weds morning.  

I am not sure if there is a rhyme or reason so to speak on how the fill or chose which fields they chose to fill up first.

I wonder if they thought weather or ground wise to fill up certain fields first ? 

Who knows :D

still, i'm here and no drama getting on site, so the extra walk will help burn off all the food I'm going to eat :)

4 minutes ago, paulshane said:

Who knows :D

still, i'm here and no drama getting on site, so the extra walk will help burn off all the food I'm going to eat :)

Ask campers in front of The Hill of Death what time they got there , or perhaps they are leaving those closer empty  fields for a bit ?

You would never get me putting my camper on that slope ! 

Edited by ivan

37 minutes ago, ivan said:

Ask campers in front of The Hill of Death what time they got there , or perhaps they are leaving those closer empty  fields for a bit ?

You would never get me putting my camper on that slope ! 

That’s quiet camping as well though, but early I would think.  East 17 as well, got here about an hour ago. Ground all good

15 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Daily Fail trying to make out it's a mud bath already with some select photos below:

Amazing how they only manage to find young ladies struggling with the mud (or in this case puddles!) - perhaps everybody else has succumbed to the treacherous conditions and gone home.

Just now, Losing my hair said:

Amazing how they only manage to find young ladies struggling with the mud (or in this case puddles!) - perhaps everybody else has succumbed to the treacherous conditions and gone home.

Knowing those shitc**ts I'm amazed they all appear to be over 18

14km of walking about the site today and these are my feet. Yes muddy in patches. But really pretty straightforward to navigate around bigger muddy bits. End of railway line in SE Corner is pretty soggy but still not deep enough for waders!

4FD5979B-4C1B-4B4F-B327-B415534FB258.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Sarah74 said:

14km of walking about the site today and these are my feet. Yes muddy in patches. But really pretty straightforward to navigate around bigger muddy bits. End of railway line in SE Corner is pretty soggy but still not deep enough for waders!

4FD5979B-4C1B-4B4F-B327-B415534FB258.jpeg

I think it’s pretty telling that you seem to be lying on the grass to take this picture too! Had assumed there would be puddly bits which could easily be navigated around so thanks. 

3 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

I think it’s pretty telling that you seem to be lying on the grass to take this picture too! Had assumed there would be puddly bits which could easily be navigated around so thanks. 

Ha! I’m sitting in my tent with my feet sticking out but yes you could sit on the grass with no issues.