The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

10 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Thanks @Sawdusty Surfer

I feel like I owe both you and @deebeedoobee a drink. Without this thread it would have been a much more stressful build up, the weather thread was terrifying.

No need it’s been an odd pleasure. All I ask is that you have the most wonderful time this week.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

No need it’s been an odd pleasure. All I ask is that you have the most wonderful time this week.

Its this week!  ITS THIS WEEK PEOPLE!!!! 

Too much coffee this morning I think!  I'm positively giddy with excitement 

@Sawdusty Surfer and @deebeedoobee one more massive thank you for taking the time and effort to keep us all up to speed. It really has been a joyous, rollercoaster run in. I hope we meet up in the flesh (as it were) on Wednesday or sometime over the next five days. You are both genuine heroes ?

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

Thanks @Sawdusty Surfer

I feel like I owe both you and @deebeedoobee a drink. Without this thread it would have been a much more stressful build up, the weather thread was terrifying.

I think we all do! If they’re both at the eFests meet they’re going to absolutely smashed with all these free drinks heading their way :lol: 

Edited by DareToDibble

9 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

@Sawdusty Surfer and @deebeedoobee one more massive thank you for taking the time and effort to keep us all up to speed. It really has been a joyous, rollercoaster run in. I hope we meet up in the flesh (as it were) on Wednesday or sometime over the next five days. You are both genuine heroes ?

Pilton digger, son of deebeedoobeedoo and myself will be at the meet no doubt. Might even get grandson of deebeedoobeedoo there too.

will be a pleasure chatting to you all at the fete and sharing a few yarns. Regrettably I will not have any Worthy Farm sloe gin or home made brownies ( I think I made these in 2016) this year.

I'm looking forward to seeing all your smiling happy faces, especially if you’ve had time to see the new stuff. You are going to LOVE it all.

remember always wear sun cream

• Upvote 4

Lots of sunny intervals so far today. The ground is absolutely fine at the minute and even dusty in parts. Tent pegs need a little bit of force to go in to the ground too. 

All in all barring any heavy heavy rain things should be spot on for Wednesday. 

I'm on the cider wandering around the site and it's already busy with lots of crew and traders but the ground is coping.

I hope everyone has a fantastic time. Cheers everyone! 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Lots of sunny intervals so far today. The ground is absolutely fine at the minute and even dusty in parts. Tent pegs need a little bit of force to go in to the ground too. 

I'm on the cider wandering around the site and it's already busy with lots of crew and traders but the ground is coping.

Thanks for the heads up. Can't wait to have that first pint of Burrow Hill in my hand.....

7 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Nice one Doug

3 hours ago, Skoo said:

Thanks @Sawdusty Surfer

Yes can only echo this. I've been packing like a crazy person for the last day so not been on here much but the last few weeks especially since I hurt my back I was having absolute fear about it being a mud fest and your calming reassuring posts have been very welcome. 

7 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes can only echo this. I've been packing like a crazy person for the last day so not been on here much but the last few weeks especially since I hurt my back I was having absolute fear about it being a mud fest and your calming reassuring posts have been very welcome. 

How’s the back going now matey?

7 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

As a giggle I just measured the temperature of the RAM jam jar and it was 29c. So it has risen by 10c since 6am.

not sure that actually gives any more info than we already know, which is the sun is out ? and it’s warm , dry and glorious 

So what I take from this is even if we have a massive overnight deluge... by 1pm on Wednesday all it'll mean is we have a few warm swimming pools round site.

I'm in :D 

Edited by DareToDibble

9 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

How’s the back going now matey?

A lot better than it was but still quite a way off being 100%. I had my final physio session this morning which hurt a lot. I have a backpack packed that has just things for my back including my tens machine. Let's just say I'm glad to be in a caravan. Wouldn't fancy my chances if I had to lug all my stuff on site.