Sawdusty Surfer

The State Of The Ground.

16 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Mallets cider not great for drinking but added to a pork casserole makes it really yummy.

Sounds like a good use of this product.  But not for me, I'm a veggie.  But I'd use it in a mash topped Somerset veggie stew. 

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Sadly not.  I think he's still a B list celeb. My mates missed out for a second time in a row.

I heard Big Dog is banned from the festival, in fact his behaviour led to all dogs being banned (it's in the rules) from all future festivals- is this true? What did he do? 

7 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Here you go me lovelies 

awww, cheers for the huge promo. :D 

8 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Here you go me lovelies 

Love ya :wub:

10 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Here you go me lovelies 

fantastic bit of promo ... did you have a script ? :) ... cheers for the reports ... see you at the festival :) 

Great - we've only reached mud category ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha so far so confidence remains high.

24 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I heard Big Dog is banned from the festival, in fact his behaviour led to all dogs being banned (it's in the rules) from all future festivals- is this true? What did he do? 

5th amendment 

Left site for a few days and repegged the awning before I left.  I am based at the top of the site near recycling barn.

gave up with the normal cheap pegs as they just bent.  Used the trusty rock pegs and a claw hammer to get them in.  Loads of vehicles coming in and no issues driving on the grass, clouds of dust from the tracks

its cloudy and overcast in Pilton at the moment I am told a few showers forecast but the force field is in place.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Here you go me lovelies 

Fab reporting as always. Who needs countryfile?! 

41 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Here you go me lovelies 

Thanks, and good to see you in one piece again.

56 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

awww, cheers for the huge promo. :D 

Dadmin  :lol:

3 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

FWIW the weather warnings for thunderstorms on Mon and Tues have disappeared from the Met Office forecast. 🤞

...and appeared in my neck of the woods up north. I’m petrified of thunderstorms, but for once, I’m happy to take one for the team.

Massive massive massive thanks to @Sawdusty Surfer @deebeedoobee @pilton digger @Mr Splodge @Ommadawn and anyone else who's been posting updates for us. We can find weather forecasts and reports, but nothing gives a real indication of what that actually means for us once we get onsite. 

Your updates have been  an absolute godsend in keeping me optimistic. When others have worried about how bad it's going to be, I've just smiled knowingly and assured them it's  all good.

I will happily stand you all a goodly amount of booze at the meet. I will also try to find some way of getting treats in for Big Dog. Thank you :drinks:

• Upvote 10

This thread makes me feel all warm and gooey. I'm not crying you're crying

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Massive massive massive thanks to @Sawdusty Surfer @deebeedoobee @pilton digger @Mr Splodge @Ommadawn and anyone else who's been posting updates for us. We can find weather forecasts and reports, but nothing gives a real indication of what that actually means for us once we get onsite. 

Your updates have been  an absolute godsend in keeping me optimistic. When others have worried about how bad it's going to be, I've just smiled knowingly and assured them it's  all good.

I will happily stand you all a goodly amount of booze at the meet. I will also try to find some way of getting treats in for Big Dog. Thank you :drinks:

Many thanks. It's just started raining here I'm afraid. Not drizzle as such but proper rain drops but very light (you wouldn't bother with a poncho if you were on site). Will make no difference to the ground conditions at all.

Edited by Ommadawn

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

This thread makes me feel all warm and gooey. I'm not crying you're crying

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Thanks Quark. It’s been a joy. 2 more updates before we start the fun and party in the fields.

ps. Don’t worry about treats. He’s on a diet, the fat bar steward. Too much rabbit shit inhaled.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, deebeedoobee said:

Thanks Quark. It’s been a joy. 2 more updates before we start the fun and party in the fields.

ps. Don’t worry about treats. He’s on a diet, the fat bar steward. Too much rabbit shit inhaled.

I just heard it's raining very hard on site. How's it looking from beedoobee acres?

Great work all. Thanks for the updates they are a real bonus and you have helped raise the excitement level beyond any other year  

Just about to go for a run. It’s started to spit but it’s not turned into anything yet.

just wait, as soon as I go out that door it will hoof it down.

will report back in an hour

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Just about to go for a run. It’s started to spit but it’s not turned into anything yet.

just wait, as soon as I go out that door it will hoof it down.

will report back in an hour

Ta doobs. :)

People ask what Glastonbury is about and what makes it different from other festivals. 

It’s this.

This thread, the people, the community. 

Last night I was simultaneously watching the BBC headliners programme and flicking through the forum, welling up for no real reason, other than knowing that in a few days we return to the farm. 

It’s nearly time people. 

I fucking love every single one of you. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3