Jump to content
Sawdusty Surfer

The State Of The Ground.

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Mallets cider not great for drinking but added to a pork casserole makes it really yummy.

Sounds like a good use of this product.  But not for me, I'm a veggie.  But I'd use it in a mash topped Somerset veggie stew. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Sadly not.  I think he's still a B list celeb. My mates missed out for a second time in a row.

I heard Big Dog is banned from the festival, in fact his behaviour led to all dogs being banned (it's in the rules) from all future festivals- is this true? What did he do? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Here you go me lovelies 

awww, cheers for the huge promo. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Here you go me lovelies 

 

Love ya :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Here you go me lovelies 

 

fantastic bit of promo ... did you have a script ? :) ... cheers for the reports ... see you at the festival :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great - we've only reached mud category ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha so far so confidence remains high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I heard Big Dog is banned from the festival, in fact his behaviour led to all dogs being banned (it's in the rules) from all future festivals- is this true? What did he do? 

5th amendment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Left site for a few days and repegged the awning before I left.  I am based at the top of the site near recycling barn.

gave up with the normal cheap pegs as they just bent.  Used the trusty rock pegs and a claw hammer to get them in.  Loads of vehicles coming in and no issues driving on the grass, clouds of dust from the tracks

its cloudy and overcast in Pilton at the moment I am told a few showers forecast but the force field is in place.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Here you go me lovelies 

 

Fab reporting as always. Who needs countryfile?! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Here you go me lovelies 

 

Thanks, and good to see you in one piece again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

awww, cheers for the huge promo. :D 

Dadmin  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

FWIW the weather warnings for thunderstorms on Mon and Tues have disappeared from the Met Office forecast. 🤞

...and appeared in my neck of the woods up north. I’m petrified of thunderstorms, but for once, I’m happy to take one for the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massive massive massive thanks to @Sawdusty Surfer @deebeedoobee @pilton digger @Mr Splodge @Ommadawn and anyone else who's been posting updates for us. We can find weather forecasts and reports, but nothing gives a real indication of what that actually means for us once we get onsite. 

Your updates have been  an absolute godsend in keeping me optimistic. When others have worried about how bad it's going to be, I've just smiled knowingly and assured them it's  all good.

I will happily stand you all a goodly amount of booze at the meet. I will also try to find some way of getting treats in for Big Dog. Thank you :drinks:

  • Upvote 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread makes me feel all warm and gooey. I'm not crying you're crying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quark said:

Massive massive massive thanks to @Sawdusty Surfer @deebeedoobee @pilton digger @Mr Splodge @Ommadawn and anyone else who's been posting updates for us. We can find weather forecasts and reports, but nothing gives a real indication of what that actually means for us once we get onsite. 

Your updates have been  an absolute godsend in keeping me optimistic. When others have worried about how bad it's going to be, I've just smiled knowingly and assured them it's  all good.

I will happily stand you all a goodly amount of booze at the meet. I will also try to find some way of getting treats in for Big Dog. Thank you :drinks:

Many thanks. It's just started raining here I'm afraid. Not drizzle as such but proper rain drops but very light (you wouldn't bother with a poncho if you were on site). Will make no difference to the ground conditions at all.

 

Edited by Ommadawn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

This thread makes me feel all warm and gooey. I'm not crying you're crying

 

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quark said:

Massive massive massive thanks to @Sawdusty Surfer @deebeedoobee @pilton digger @Mr Splodge @Ommadawn and anyone else who's been posting updates for us. We can find weather forecasts and reports, but nothing gives a real indication of what that actually means for us once we get onsite. 

Your updates have been  an absolute godsend in keeping me optimistic. When others have worried about how bad it's going to be, I've just smiled knowingly and assured them it's  all good.

I will happily stand you all a goodly amount of booze at the meet. I will also try to find some way of getting treats in for Big Dog. Thank you :drinks:

Thanks Quark. It’s been a joy. 2 more updates before we start the fun and party in the fields.

ps. Don’t worry about treats. He’s on a diet, the fat bar steward. Too much rabbit shit inhaled.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deebeedoobee said:

Thanks Quark. It’s been a joy. 2 more updates before we start the fun and party in the fields.

ps. Don’t worry about treats. He’s on a diet, the fat bar steward. Too much rabbit shit inhaled.

I just heard it's raining very hard on site. How's it looking from beedoobee acres?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work all. Thanks for the updates they are a real bonus and you have helped raise the excitement level beyond any other year  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just about to go for a run. It’s started to spit but it’s not turned into anything yet.

 

just wait, as soon as I go out that door it will hoof it down.

will report back in an hour

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Just about to go for a run. It’s started to spit but it’s not turned into anything yet.

 

just wait, as soon as I go out that door it will hoof it down.

will report back in an hour

Ta doobs. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People ask what Glastonbury is about and what makes it different from other festivals. 

It’s this.

This thread, the people, the community. 

Last night I was simultaneously watching the BBC headliners programme and flicking through the forum, welling up for no real reason, other than knowing that in a few days we return to the farm. 

It’s nearly time people. 

I fucking love every single one of you. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...