The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

So me and small horse dog have been mooching about the village and down to Marys gate area.  I think he was reflecting on the beauty of living in the moment when he rolled in the fox shit. That was after eating rabbit shit which apparently is rich in vitamin B, so maybe he has a point with that one. Or maybe he is just a minging fecker.

The weather today has been like summer, who'd have thought? It is really busy everywhere and he has to stay on the long lead to avoid becoming a bonnet mascot. The ground is hard, plenty of dust and the grass is starting to go a bit brown in places where it is short.  Looking across site the hill behind Pennards is looking dry. Despite the warmth, no buzzards were thermalling so the air isn't rising enough for them.  It will be alright people, it will take something pretty biblical to wreck the site, the weather witch has done her stuff and we are looking forwards to sweaty pits everytime we get "hands in the air".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9

Back from a wander

all very dry, took a tent peg out and ground nice a firm over pennards and pyramid camping.

with the wood chip preparations that have been made it will take a lot of rain to make it into a mud bath.

suggest pack lots of sun cream, shorts and trainers, but take wellies and leave in the car ???  

its going to be a fab Glastonbury, sitting on the grass in the sunshine drinking a cold cider.  Roll on Wednesday when you can all come and play.  

• Upvote 15

11 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Back from a wander

all very dry, took a tent peg out and ground nice a firm over pennards and pyramid camping.

with the wood chip preparations that have been made it will take a lot of rain to make it into a mud bath.

suggest pack lots of sun cream, shorts and trainers, but take wellies and leave in the car ???  

its going to be a fab Glastonbury, sitting on the grass in the sunshine drinking a cold cider.  Roll on Wednesday when you can all come and play.  

Thanks for all your updates and all the work you and the crew do getting it all ready!

24 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Back from a wander

This is why I love this site, and this festival. Ace.

Finally arrived for the duration. Slightly hairy journey towing an ex Chipperfields 1931 five tonne caravan with a 1956 lorry but we made it.

The ground is looking fine. Restrictions have been lifted regarding driving on the grass in most places which is a particularly good sign. Looking at the weather forecast I genuinely don't think that anyone has anything to worry about. It's going to be epic. 

Will do a short video in the morning

Happy days.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

11 hours ago, secondr0w said:

ah I see! Any ideas why? 

There were complaints last time that WH was too quiet, depending where you stood. I noticed this a tad during Avalanches... but I just walked forward a bit. Apparently The Jackson 4 was ruined by it being really quiet. I didn't notice any problems during the other two headliners there - Dizzee and Justice - but we were fairly far forward/may have got lucky.

38 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Going to be another beautiful day folks.8EBBBF96-F472-43B9-8C5D-57220A413AB1.thumb.jpeg.844dc96ef16cb80e0c04b850fa885bae.jpeg

It's like the start of a canine Paris, Texas, I can hear a Ry Cooder soundtrack.

Or, it's my coffee kicking in.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Homer said:

There were complaints last time that WH was too quiet, depending where you stood. I noticed this a tad during Avalanches... but I just walked forward a bit. Apparently The Jackson 4 was ruined by it being really quiet. I didn't notice any problems during the other two headliners there - Dizzee and Justice - but we were fairly far forward/may have got lucky.

I don't think they were just quiet, it was worse than that - the Martin Audio MLA systems have ways of cutting the sound off at the edge of the arena, and it sounded to me like phase cancellation was going on with the quality of the sound, the way things were dropping out.

Anyway it looks like things are going to be fixed and I'm very, very happy about it!

1 hour ago, Homer said:

I also experienced it for Avalanches.  I'd been waiting 20 years to see them live and couldn't hear anything :( . I was really upset!  But at the time I put it down to the fairly strong wind at the time, which was blowing from behind the audience towards the stage and carrying the sound backwards, away from the crowd.  

Just now, DareToDibble said:

Same... that’s Oxlyers isn’t it?

I think it's the very edge of Park Home, it might be the very edge of Oxylers though! 

We were a couple of tents in from the path. You aiming for the same place this time? Drop me a text for a tent-side rum!