Jump to content
Sawdusty Surfer

The State Of The Ground.

Recommended Posts

Let's not forget that the worst but of 2016 was the getting there for many of us. Those traffic queues and waiting to be towed on and off the site. We lost an entire weds and were knackered for the Thurs so it wasn't a great start. 

By the Sunday afternoon we were all worried about getting out so called time on it early. 

The mud situation was compounded by the piss poor traffic management, trackways being still stuck in the mud at download and apparently a falling out with the local farmers association who are on hand with tractors. 

Hard lessons learned for the festival and hopefully they've put all in the contingency in place to prevent that happening again however clarty it gets. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bin Fish said:

So I don't have any pet pictures to offer as tribute to the weather gods, but this thread is one of my favourite on the site and I couldn't just browse and contribute nothing now could I? So, put a couple of hours free hours to good use and I threw together a fancier version of Dee's State Of The Ground coat of arms from a whole two days and 16 pages ago.

Keep up the good work fine people of Pilton!

Tempestate Accidit 2.jpg

Absolutely cracking effort that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Bin Fish said:

So I don't have any pet pictures to offer as tribute to the weather gods, but this thread is one of my favourite on the site and I couldn't just browse and contribute nothing now could I? So, put a couple of hours free hours to good use and I threw together a fancier version of Dee's State Of The Ground coat of arms from a whole two days and 16 pages ago.

Keep up the good work fine people of Pilton!

Tempestate Accidit 2.jpg

If I see this on a flag at the fest I will track you down and hug you.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PaintedInSand said:

If I see this on a flag at the fest I will track you down and hug you.

Tempting... Very tempting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't doubt there are reasons to prefer other forecasts, but I liked the look of this one as it seems perfect (ah, maybe that's the reason). 

It does sound potentially pretty unpleasant for those already on site on Monday though.

image.thumb.png.8c691fb4125f050f9533ab42c2b910e6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bin Fish said:

So I don't have any pet pictures to offer as tribute to the weather gods, but this thread is one of my favourite on the site and I couldn't just browse and contribute nothing now could I? So, put a couple of free hours to good use and I threw together a fancier version of Dee's State Of The Ground coat of arms from a whole two days and 16 pages ago.

Keep up the good work fine people of Pilton!

Tempestate Accidit 2.jpg

If I see this somewhere at the festival I think I’ll cry with happiness.

Superb effort!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I don't doubt there are reasons to prefer other forecasts, but I liked the look of this one as it seems perfect (ah, maybe that's the reason). 

It does sound potentially pretty unpleasant for those already on site on Monday though.

image.thumb.png.8c691fb4125f050f9533ab42c2b910e6.png

Hmm - get you over to the weather thread - TSOTG is for onsite ground reports and cute dog/cats and sticky stick things😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bin Fish said:

So I don't have any pet pictures to offer as tribute to the weather gods, but this thread is one of my favourite on the site and I couldn't just browse and contribute nothing now could I? So, put a couple of free hours to good use and I threw together a fancier version of Dee's State Of The Ground coat of arms from a whole two days and 16 pages ago.

Keep up the good work fine people of Pilton!

Tempestate Accidit 2.jpg

Amazing work. Would love Dee to have a copy for somewhere in her house for services rendered. ☺️ Obviously in plaque or flag form. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Amazing work. Would love Dee to have a copy for somewhere in her house for services rendered. ☺️ Obviously in plaque or flag form. 

Imagine explaining it to the grand kids 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OG said:

Imagine explaining it to the grand kids 😁

Reckon they'd roll their eyes and just say, that's so Nana Dee. 😂

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bin Fish said:

So I don't have any pet pictures to offer as tribute to the weather gods, but this thread is one of my favourite on the site and I couldn't just browse and contribute nothing now could I? So, put a couple of free hours to good use and I threw together a fancier version of Dee's State Of The Ground coat of arms from a whole two days and 16 pages ago.

Keep up the good work fine people of Pilton!

Tempestate Accidit 2.jpg

Fantastic effort 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OG said:

Imagine explaining it to the grand kids 😁

In the olden days when I was a Knight of the Efestivals Ground Table I had a special shield and rode to make peace on the back of a really Big Dog.......

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sedra said:

Hmm - get you over to the weather thread - TSOTG is for onsite ground reports and cute dog/cats and sticky stick things😀

Nah, that's clearly the hang out for trolls and wind up merchants 😉

It's like a tinderbox in there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bin Fish said:

So I don't have any pet pictures to offer as tribute to the weather gods, but this thread is one of my favourite on the site and I couldn't just browse and contribute nothing now could I? So, put a couple of free hours to good use and I threw together a fancier version of Dee's State Of The Ground coat of arms from a whole two days and 16 pages ago.

Keep up the good work fine people of Pilton!

Tempestate Accidit 2.jpg

As my grandson would say ( if he was old enough to speak ) OMG . I’m glad someone with talent has made a better job of the “State of the Ground” badge. Thank you x

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OG said:

Imagine explaining it to the grand kids 😁

 

7 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Reckon they'd roll their eyes and just say, that's so Nana Dee. 😂

Yes the grandson would see nothing odd. He’s a bit “Pilton” himself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gedh said:

In the olden days when I was a Knight of the Efestivals Ground Table I had a special shield and rode to make peace on the back of a really Big Dog.......

Armed with the mighty sticky stick and vicious avocados, he appeased  the weather gods with a gherkin 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Big Dog Rampant indicates favourable ground conditions, while Big Dog Couchant indicates he's had a big dinner.

What does laying upside down on his back , farting represent? That is a common sight.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deebeedoobee said:

What does laying upside down on his back , farting represent? That is a common sight.

That also happens to me when i eat gherkins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

What does laying upside down on his back , farting represent? That is a common sight.

In my case it means I am happy and relaxed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That also happens to me when i eat gherkins 

 

4 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

In my case it means I am happy and relaxed. 

Remind me never to hold a gherkin party with you two 

 

 

that sounds too wrong....sorry

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bin Fish said:

So I don't have any pet pictures to offer as tribute to the weather gods, but this thread is one of my favourite on the site and I couldn't just browse and contribute nothing now could I? So, put a couple of free hours to good use and I threw together a fancier version of Dee's State Of The Ground coat of arms from a whole two days and 16 pages ago.

Keep up the good work fine people of Pilton!

Tempestate Accidit 2.jpg

This is fantastic! I really want to put it on a tshirt 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

Let's not forget that the worst but of 2016 was the getting there for many of us. Those traffic queues and waiting to be towed on and off the site. We lost an entire weds and were knackered for the Thurs so it wasn't a great start. 

By the Sunday afternoon we were all worried about getting out so called time on it early. 

The mud situation was compounded by the piss poor traffic management, trackways being still stuck in the mud at download and apparently a falling out with the local farmers association who are on hand with tractors. 

Hard lessons learned for the festival and hopefully they've put all in the contingency in place to prevent that happening again however clarty it gets. 

 

I'm working in one of the tractors this year and I don't think we're going to be busy, not like 2016 anyway! There is a contingency for any local farmers with tractors to come help if all hell breaks loose but I don't think that's going to happen now.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, EugenesAxe said:

Absolutely cracking effort that

Notable absence of gherkin references 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...