Sawdusty Surfer

The State Of The Ground.

Think we had always expected the site to be a little sloppy today but drying out to the end of the weekend.

Everything is going to be absolutely fine. 

17 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Hurrah, home again.

Driving from Red Gate through site up to the CN Field the tracks were dry and actually dusty in places. There were patches of mud on the verges by the tracks but they were clearly where vehicles went off the track and caused deep depressions which were compacted and collected water which was unable to drain due to the compaction. There was also a thin smear of mud outside Maceos at the bottom of The railway line bank which is to be expected as it is under the canopy of trees and so gets no direct sun.

We arrived at the CN field and parked on the track to say hi to Sally (Glastonbury Royalty, Field coordinator and gorgeous) and to ask her where to dump our stuff and which route to take across her pristine field. She said that as long as we avoided her drilled through water main area we'd be fine.

Drove a fully laden Transit towing a fully laden 2.75 tonne trailer across the grass to our pitch with no wheel spin. Result. That pretty much sums up the state of the ground. Slightly damp but right now I have no concerns whatsoever. Looking at the various different weather forecasts I'm confidant that eevrything will be fine. OK, no heatwave but it isn't looking to me that it will be unpleasant. 

Interestingly the grass seems to be an inch or maybe an inch and a half longer than usual. Maybe cut longer so that it wil draw more moisture out of the ground and also create a slighty more solid mat if the ground deteriorates a little?

It's all good man. (Sorry for the BB ref :) )

(BTW, from now on I am going to respect the new policy of the festival which asks people not to post spoilers of what is being built on site so as not to spoil the surprise. I do normally view many rules and indeed laws as mere guidelines but in this case they do have me onboard.)

Pic below is in the shade at the bottom of a bank outside Maceo's. 

IMG_20190620_000856.jpg

Great T Shirt choice 😍

• Like 1

as we are on cats here are mine lol - Boy-cat and Glrl-cat

20180523_181053.jpg

20180602_130023.jpg

20180516_193732.jpg

20180327_123448.jpg

7 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

as we are on cats here are mine lol - Boy-cat and Glrl-cat

20180523_181053.jpg

20180602_130023.jpg

20180516_193732.jpg

20180327_123448.jpg

Jesus christ that first one just scared the living shit out of me! 

I screamed out loud on the train. 

4 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Jesus christ that first one just scared the living shit out of me! 

I screamed out loud on the train. 

she is a bit of a precious one - all things in her life are on her terms.  She hates women but loves men 

Combo of this and the weather thread I think we’re in for a good one people. Still time for things to change but I reckon that whatever happens, it’ll be no swamp. 👍

Hi all

what a day, raincoats on raincoats of, full Armageddon wet gear on then repeat.

grass has been cut again I am sure when you sit painting bins you can see it grow.

block 9, unfairground, and shangrila was looking fairly good last night (couldn’t go in but I was surprised how good the ground was).

anyway as you can guess site took a battering today it was looking so good mid morning track ways were nearly dry.  Now they are wet and muddy again but grass areas have coped well.   Just back after sheltering after a very heavy downpour.  Wood chip is now being spread around the site.

When the influx of staff arrive this weekend and then the traders arrive will be the decider I an sure.

Certainly not liking the weather warning Sunday through to Tuesday for thunderstorms. 

Will post another update tomorrow.

• Upvote 6

The main road past Red Gate looked decidedly brown with muddy water when I drove past earlier. Sun is out now with blue skies and the next couple of days are looking good according to the local forecast.

56 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

How muddy is muddy? 

Well, the road had two brown tracks in each direction lasting for about 200 yards where the wheels of vehicles leaving the site had brought mud on the road. No actual clumps of mud on the road.

Edited by Ommadawn

If we are talking cats this is one of mine after being run over Glastonbury weekend then getting fixed by the vet at huge expense.

F4F9D8B0-E92D-4E08-AAB6-5ACA8E65244D.jpeg

I like to think he can now see into the future with his dodgy eye

Edited by morph100

When in Rome. 

Getting all up in my grill to try and make me go to the shop and get her more food. 

IMG_20190620_205030.jpg

Apparently my cat is fed up of hearing me talking about Glastonbury 😂😂😂. Not a side eye, but equally not at ALL impressed!

Capture+_2019-06-20-21-03-15.png

Edited by gfest2009

Both this and the weather thread have gone utterly mad. Are we all getting a bit giddy with it being so close now?  

Mines like ‘You’re not reading that fucking weather thread again, are you?’

A5682822-A9B8-4B7C-87E7-11ED3CD2F2DB.thumb.jpeg.b25ebf076abf486c7330f2800e3538e4.jpeg

2 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

Both this and the weather thread have gone utterly mad. Are we all getting a bit giddy with it being so close now?  

Be grateful it's not endless Simpsons gifs

6 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

How can you tell? By the way, if anyone sees the jam and gherkin jars on a T-shirt come and say hello! (Yes, I have gone utterly mad now 🤣🤣🤣)

• Upvote 1

This is Boots telling me to get off efests and pay him more attention.

fbcff942-5f7c-4429-a60d-0d57a05d4b1b.gif

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Feel like I need to throw my boys in the mix now. 

255559FE-EB09-4C5E-8768-F2CA8A0BFBBF.png

Is that a sheep/dog hybrid?