The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

These are fair points all well made. Back to ground updates.

Do we have anything new since @Sawdusty Surfer's glorious update last night? I've sent that post to my doubting Thomas mates and they're starting to believe.  I haven't been brave enough to try and explain @deebeedoobee's measurement methods yet, not sure they're ready to understand jam jars, sticky sticks and Big Dog just yet

Can you not translate it into normal weather forecast and just say that there's been no rain for the last day and the rain that has been there is starting to go. 

As it's the done thing I just want to add that Nuala and Ferris approved this message although they feel the RAM Jam Jar, Gherkin jar and Stick add charm. They believe anything that has a stick involved is better. 

DSC_0380 (2).JPG

Edited by gigpusher
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Hurrah, home again.

Driving from Red Gate through site up to the CN Field the tracks were dry and actually dusty in places. There were patches of mud on the verges by the tracks but they were clearly where vehicles went off the track and caused deep depressions which were compacted and collected water which was unable to drain due to the compaction. There was also a thin smear of mud outside Maceos at the bottom of The railway line bank which is to be expected as it is under the canopy of trees and so gets no direct sun.

We arrived at the CN field and parked on the track to say hi to Sally (Glastonbury Royalty, Field coordinator and gorgeous) and to ask her where to dump our stuff and which route to take across her pristine field. She said that as long as we avoided her drilled through water main area we'd be fine.

Drove a fully laden Transit towing a fully laden 2.75 tonne trailer across the grass to our pitch with no wheel spin. Result. That pretty much sums up the state of the ground. Slightly damp but right now I have no concerns whatsoever. Looking at the various different weather forecasts I'm confidant that eevrything will be fine. OK, no heatwave but it isn't looking to me that it will be unpleasant. 

Interestingly the grass seems to be an inch or maybe an inch and a half longer than usual. Maybe cut longer so that it wil draw more moisture out of the ground and also create a slighty more solid mat if the ground deteriorates a little?

It's all good man. (Sorry for the BB ref :) )

(BTW, from now on I am going to respect the new policy of the festival which asks people not to post spoilers of what is being built on site so as not to spoil the surprise. I do normally view many rules and indeed laws as mere guidelines but in this case they do have me onboard.)

Pic below is in the shade at the bottom of a bank outside Maceo's. 

IMG_20190620_000856.jpg

Great T Shirt choice ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Jesus christ that first one just scared the living shit out of me! 

I screamed out loud on the train. 

she is a bit of a precious one - all things in her life are on her terms.  She hates women but loves men