Sawdusty Surfer

The State Of The Ground.

Hi All

site report after a busy day painting.

After rain overnight the site was wet this morning BUT it was dry all day with a gentle breeze.  Tracks are still a little wet on top but drying up nicely.

grass areas are taped of to stop vehicles driving on them but when vehicles do they leave ruts meaning it’s wet underneath.

dry for the next 2 days I am told by the people in the know on site so everything should dry out.  What we need is no more rain before the traders arrive on site.

going down to Maceos tonight (Block 9 crew bar) so will report on the ground conditions in SE corner tomorrow.

so many deliveries being made today (so many) refrigeration lorries parked near some of the bars 😀😀😀😀

It’s nice to write a positive update again.

• Upvote 23

38 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Hi All

After rain overnight the site was wet this morning BUT it was dry all day with a gentle breeze.  Tracks are still a little wet on top but drying up nicely.

grass areas are taped of to stop vehicles driving on them but when vehicles do they leave ruts meaning it’s wet underneath.

dry for the next 2 days I am told by the people in the know on site so everything should dry out.  What we need is no more rain before the traders arrive on site.

going down to Maceos tonight (Block 9 crew bar) so will report on the ground conditions in SE corner tomorrow.

so many deliveries being made today (so many) refrigeration lorries parked near some of the bars 😀😀😀😀

Cheers dude! Enjoy Maceos 😎

42 minutes ago, Mr Splodge said:

Hi All

Do you know when the traders arrive?

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I am trying to find out.  Loads of deliveries today the tracks were like the m6 on a Friday.

they seem very weather reactive this year (quiet yesterday when raining andbusy today when dry)

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

FYI I'm stewarding (Love the Farm) and we're going in early doors on Saturday, so there will be a fair influx of people that day.

17 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

My mates get there Tuesday afternoon!

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Traditional hey arrive Sunday and Monday. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Priority has to be ensuring  heavy vehicles don’t churn up the ground in the few days run up to the festival if weather is rainy. Same goes for traders arriving on site. Think that was a contributing factor to the mud in 16. 

Get the wood chips ordered! 

You should have seen the wood chip stored over the past 2 years...like mount Etna. I’ll see if I can dig out the photo.

3 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

You should have seen the wood chip stored over the past 2 years...like mount Etna. I’ll see if I can dig out the photo.

Saw the mound when we visited the site last summer. Just next to the road up by Mary’s gate.  We assumed it had went unused in 2017! 

9 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Even bigger now 😀😀 what is the next 2 from Etna lol.

they not going to run out.  

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Saw the mound when we visited the site last summer. Just next to the road up by Mary’s gate.  We assumed it had went unused in 2017! 

Yep it is past Mary’s gate and turn right. Walk past the storage barns and about 50m further you can see it through the hedge.

36 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'd love to watch a video of them all convoying in. Must be great to watch them all arrive.

Me too. Most people will never understand why this would be enjoyable for us. 

I like how they have fenced off the grass areas so people can't accidentally drive on them. 

looking at the above video and the webcam, i think barring an absolute monumental monsoon on tues / wed  we are gonna be fine.

5 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

looking at the above video and the webcam, i think barring an absolute monumental monsoon on tues / wed  we are gonna be fine.

Meanwhile over at netweather:

There could be a lot of flash flooding next week from torrential thunderstorms..hmmm do we really want that?🤐

4 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Meanwhile over at netweather:

There could be a lot of flash flooding next week from torrential thunderstorms..hmmm do we really want that?🤐

Fake news 

14 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Erm.....well....

1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

I would rather be on the inside of the festival in the rain and mud, than on the outside in the sunshine and dry grass.

Nicely put.