The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

51 minutes ago, incident said:

Are you looking at Gate C? The access point would be way off the left of that picture.

Don’t think that is gate c. It’s miles to the right. I think it is SE corner entrance. 

4 minutes ago, paulshane said:

deffo gate C in the bottom left:

image.thumb.png.448409654a4e4506270fae7354b706b8.png

Wait a second, that's where the Tor Lookout is? I've always seen that on the listings and thought it just putting the view from the actual Tor on the lineup for some reason.

Guess i'll have to find out what the hell it is now...

Just now, matichin said:

Wait a second, that's where the Tor Lookout is? I've always seen that on the listings and thought it just putting the view from the actual Tor on the lineup for some reason.

it's a viewing platform, which occasionally also has pyrotecnics displays. But not both at the same time.

1 minute ago, matichin said:

It's just a tower with a lookout of the theatre and circus fields. It's nowt exciting tbh. Nice view though

1 minute ago, paulshane said:

it's a viewing platform, which occasionally also has pyrotecnics displays. But not both at the same time.

Shame, that would have been fun.

This calls to the completionist in me, so will have to go up it. Does it suffer from the same endless queues as the park ribbon tower?

1 hour ago, semmtexx said:

Can't see it either. Isn't the access point near the light house whatsamathingami? 

Is the lighthouse thingami a fish and chip stall or has my memory warped over the last 2 years?

3 minutes ago, matichin said:

Shame, that would have been fun.

This calls to the completionist in me, so will have to go up it. Does it suffer from the same endless queues as the park ribbon tower?

no, because nobody seems to know its actually a thing you can climb :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, youngatheart said:

just done my daily drive past the site wow is it busy today lots of delivery's and some random water spraying on exit(anyone know what thats about)anyway lorries leaving didnt look to muddy everyone still smiling i am beginning to believe...

probably to clean the trucks wheels on exit so they don't transfer mud to the roads.

28 minutes ago, matichin said:

That brings back horrible memories. This year will be nothing in comparison!

When you see that and the pictures of the site as a lake the weekend before it puts in perspective how crazy the doom and gloom over this year's weather outlook is.

8 minutes ago, paulshane said:

the stairs are tucked around the back, theres usually a steward stood there showing people how to get to the viewing platform.

Thanx! Is it accessible on Wednesday or Thursday? 

Edited by e2p2