The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

I was just deliberating on whether to try and do a couple of hours work on this business case to close the week out productively. Unfortunately now I have been forced to go and get a crate of Guinness.

Just glad I had kept an upvote for this most special of special moments

4 minutes ago, yehbutnobut said:

@deebeedoobee

Im beside myself I have no more up votes for this... ???

I remember in 2005 and the flooding on the Thursday night, still be able to sit on the grass by Sunday. And that was before the major drainage improvement works.

Rain at this point won't be a problem unless it's basically continuous for a long period of time. And even then, the problem is less mud when we get there, and more getting the entire build done for the festival on time. And since they managed that in 2016 we'll be fine. It'll be at least next weekend by the time weather at the moment has any impact on the site, unless it's non-stop rain for 3 days. Which hasn't been the case.

4 minutes ago, Stocksey said:

and @deebeedoobee gets another top spot on the leader board.

Just when you think someone else might sneak in and BOOM! she gets in with the drying puddles!

nice one!?

You are very welcome to take my place. May I suggest maybe a picture of Eavis dancing in the puddle with his wellies on?

i might ask him this weekend when I see him. Although I bet I know the answer to that already

2 minutes ago, ripcurl85 said:

Absolutely loving the pics here, also updates on the repairs to @deebeedoobee's roof. 

With Pilton Digger up on the roof this weekend you may well see the updates on the front of the local news when he manages to fall through, or when Big Dog decides to join him and gets stuck on the ladder. That’s the sort of doofus thing he’d do.

Just now, deebeedoobee said:

With Pilton Digger up on the roof this weekend you may well see the updates on the front of the local news when he manages to fall through, or when Big Dog decides to join him and gets stuck on the ladder. That’s the sort of doofus thing he’d do.

Maybe get Big Dog working up there with him? Looks like this guy has it nailed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-17814451/axel-the-dog-is-thatcher-s-rooftop-companion

8 minutes ago, ripcurl85 said:

Maybe get Big Dog working up there with him? Looks like this guy has it nailed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-17814451/axel-the-dog-is-thatcher-s-rooftop-companion

Out of upvotes . That made me giggle. Axel is a beaut! Big dog would probably sound like scooby doo if Pilton Digger tried that “ noooooo shaggy, nooo”

https://images.app.goo.gl/vS7pDCMq6xL6s2ZZ7

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

You are very welcome to take my place. May I suggest maybe a picture of Eavis dancing in the puddle with his wellies on?

i might ask him this weekend when I see him. Although I bet I know the answer to that already

"Puddles?  There aren't going to be any puddles."

1 hour ago, gherkin8r said:

I was just deliberating on whether to try and do a couple of hours work on this business case to close the week out productively. Unfortunately now I have been forced to go and get a crate of Guinness.

Just glad I had kept an upvote for this most special of special moments

No upvotes left for this either... Honestly the time i've "wasted" on this and the weather thread this past week instead of doing actual work is really a bit naughty. ?

55 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

instead of that can you ask whats happening with the other stage ? and where is the glastonbury sign ? it cant be stuck at Download :)