The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

6 minutes ago, bucko said:

Wasn't it around this time in 2016 that the ground had water bursting out of it and a lake on the main access road to the pyramid.

We spent the day at the bath and west show yesterday and the ground was dry enough to lie on.

It was nice to see the lighthouse chip shop and a few familiar food vendors from the festival.

Also the main tent in the food quarter is supplied by the festival and it looks like the williams green one but might be wrong.

Can't wait to get on the other side of that fence.

I think that was the Friday before the Wednesaday if I remember rightly as I still had hopes it would turn out okay and remember re packing a bunch of things. 

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I think that was the Friday before the Wednesaday if I remember rightly as I still had hopes it would turn out okay and remember re packing a bunch of things. 

I think it may have been even closer to the festival than that, perhaps the Monday. It was @Sawdusty Surfer who posted the video so I am sure he will dig it out to scare us all though nothing like that will ever happen again (probably).

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Currently it is very moist in Pilton.

Over and out

I'm happy with that. The longer it stays dry, the more I get concerned.If we have frequent small showers that are not damaging in the run up with warm enough temps to dy out again I'll be happy. 

The dog has been to inspect the fence line by Marys gate. After musing on the essentially temporary nature of the canine condition by dropping what appeared to be a baby seal behind him, it can be confirmed that although it may be on the moist side the ground is as hard as Chuck Norris.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I'm happy with that. The longer it stays dry, the more I get concerned.If we have frequent small showers that are not damaging in the run up with warm enough temps to dy out again I'll be happy. 

Having just planted out some seedlings in the drizzle I did notice that it is only the top half inch that is damp. Under that it’s like the Sahara. We would be able to withstand some days of rain before any difference was made.

our well is dry too. This time in 2016 or 2017 I believe we could see the water line, if I remember rightly.

53 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Having just planted out some seedlings in the drizzle I did notice that it is only the top half inch that is damp. Under that it’s like the Sahara. We would be able to withstand some days of rain before any difference was made.

our well is dry too. This time in 2016 or 2017 I believe we could see the water line, if I remember rightly.

Good news, I live fifteen  metres from a river and currently looking out the sandbags as it’s been chucking it down for a few days!  A mallard family are having a look at our garden at the moment with a view to moving in. 

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Yes. Looks like the next week might bring some rain but doesn't look torrential. Hopefully after that we get a nice Summery front coming in. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Good news, I live fifteen  metres from a river and currently looking out the sandbags as it’s been chucking it down for a few days!  A mallard family are having a look at our garden at the moment with a view to moving in. 

Woah, fingers crossed it stops! :sungum:

14 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yes. Looks like the next week might bring some rain but doesn't look torrential. Hopefully after that we get a nice Summery front coming in. 

Tomorrow looks fine. I’m sure country file will give us a better idea.

Big Dog  will not be pleased if this wet stuff continues. Plays havoc with his shiny coat :wink:

Just now, deebeedoobee said:

Tomorrow looks fine. I’m sure country file will give us a better idea.

Big Dog  will not be pleased if this wet stuff continues. Plays havoc with his shiny coat :wink:

Tell him Tuesday-Saturday brings strong chances of more wet stuff. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Been monsoon conditions here for a week and our grass and ground conditions are fine. It will take a lot more than a few heavy showers to create mud bath conditions 

Tens of thousands of footfalls are the disaster - 2016 looked alright on arrival but we made short work of that

25 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Tens of thousands of footfalls are the disaster - 2016 looked alright on arrival but we made short work of that

Yeah there was green grass, but in many areas you'd push your foot down and it'd be covered in a few inches if water. As things stand it'll have to sile it down for a long time to get anywhere near that level of saturation.  Good position to be in atm?