The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

1 hour ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Great thread thanks.. . and great news that the ground is ok as it's been hosing it down in Scotland for days and our ground is saturated 

Aye the weather up here has had me worried! Glad to see it’s so far a different case down South.

1 hour ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Great thread thanks.. . and great news that the ground is ok as it's been hosing it down in Scotland for days and our ground is saturated 

Great....I'm moving to Glasgow tomorrow! Was hoping all that stuff about it raining all the time was false

However, I'll take a rainy first week (and let's face it, probs longer) if the weather gods give us a dry festival 

Edited by Sasperella

The-smell-of-BBQs-and-almost-all-the-ice-cream-is-sold-out-at-the-supermarket-baking-hot-down here in Hampshire this weekend. 

Fits in nicely with my mindset that:

Whatever the weather is like ‘today’ that’s what it’ll be like at the festival. Maintain this for the next 20-odd days and you won’t be wrong when the gates open on the Wednesday morning.

‘Today’ = Sunny / Hot = Happy Woffy. 

Edit: If it wants to rain it can do it during the week when I’m at work thankyouverymuch. 

Edited by Woffy

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

more of a light drizzle I would say ... and now stopped in Taunton ... no damage done :) 

been heavy-ish here, but the ground is still rock hard, so fingers crossed it doesn't have too much of an effect

2 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Happy to take one for the team.

47 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Aye the weather up here has had me worried! Glad to see it’s so far a different case down South.

When we're saturated, the south of England tends to be dry and vice versa. Stand strong, we can take it for the sake of trainers and sit-doon-ability. :D

18 minutes ago, Wurzelcat said:

Been raining all morning in Bristol which isn't far. But it's been dry for ages so a bit of rain today shouldn't be too bad hopefully

So, crudely speaking, Bristol (raining) to the Festival is about a 50min drive...and it’s about a 60min drive from where we are in north Hampshire (sunny).

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

just goes to show the variability of the weather over a fairly small area .... 

Yep! 

All hail the "state of the ground" thread

As always @Sawdusty Surfer thanks for your efforts ...you and everyone that works on the build are total effing leg ends!

We want '17 - but will take what ever it throws at us and have a blast regardless :) 

Wasn't it around this time in 2016 that the ground had water bursting out of it and a lake on the main access road to the pyramid.

We spent the day at the bath and west show yesterday and the ground was dry enough to lie on.

It was nice to see the lighthouse chip shop and a few familiar food vendors from the festival.

Also the main tent in the food quarter is supplied by the festival and it looks like the williams green one but might be wrong.

Can't wait to get on the other side of that fence.