The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

please smile and celebrate folks for presently we are high and dry.

Not sure a bit of wet at this point is any bad thing. I'm hopeful we'll get to see a warm summer without dead yellow grass everywhere. No objections to this year so far after the lack of any real winter.

On 6/7/2019 at 2:00 PM, H.M.V said:

Bad weather means theatre and circus fields aren't as much fun. Was brilliant in 2017 being able to sit on the grass and watch all the cool random stuff that happens there. 

Mud ruins everything. Especially glud! 

Just catching up.

Definitely this - 2016 was a miserable time for the circus fields. Half the stages were shut which meant that performers who probably travelled quite far to play - couldn't! Fuck you mud. 

On 6/7/2019 at 5:25 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

2014 was my late best mate's last festival as well. I have such happy memories of her at the farm from 2010 to 2014. She passed away last year, but 2014 was her last festival. Has never been quite the same without her since, but I treasure those memories so much. Feel your pain dude x

Thanks love - back at ya xx Seeing all the memorial plaques in The Glade, on a walk out of season, brought it home. My friend’s message to us in one of her funeral song choices was “enjoy yourself, it’s later than you think...” - so we try hard to honour it and her ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Yes I'm at least 20 years too old for it. My friend lives very near Heaton Park and expensive bar prices mean kids go to local tesco and neck bottles of spirits before they get in which will be what causes all the problems and is one of the reasons why Glastonbury has such a different atmosphere. 

Our household teenager has been there all weekend...he’s right enough even if his musical taste is a tad Capital

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Having watched Chernobyl, if the unthinkable happens could we save the site by getting the Russian airforce to fly in and dry it up with boron and sand?

Or possibly tonnes of Johnson's Baby Powder.

Applied by a few hundred naked Russian miners?

7 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

Thanks love - back at ya xx Seeing all the memorial plaques in The Glade, on a walk out of season, brought it home. My friend’s message to us in one of her funeral song choices was “enjoy yourself, it’s later than you think...” - so we try hard to honour it and her ?

Excellent advice. It is a place so full of memories and emotions isn't it? I take comfort from the fact that being there will make me feel closer to her, as I'm sure will you for your friend x

• Upvote 1

Even if the weather is bad you can still have a great year. 2016 was one of my favourite years but that’s because I was with a group who were fully up for it.

2015, 2017 I was with a lot of first timers. Which I think can actually influence the experience quite a bit.

its not the end of the world if it rains loads though. Houghton last year it rained every single day and I had a great time. It depends on your attitude!

12 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

A lovely song and a fine sentiment too :)

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:00 PM, AlexaM said:

Glad to see everyone had the same idea of taking pictures of the monumental storm clouds in 2014! I feel like I was watching Haim at the time but could have that wrong... turned into a lovely sunset though.

IMG_6639.JPG

IMG_6646.JPG

I was watching Haim in the sunshine...camera panned the crowd from the stage and you could see this huge black cloud in the distance on the stage side screen, virtually everyone turned round to look at it!