The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

50 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

We've not had the rain in Pilton yet but the sky looks very black. I expect to see a moist bottom ( of my well) tomorrow morning. 

When it rained, it was a bugger to get Big Dog out the door last thing at night for a piss. He'd rather lay all night on a space hopper sized bladder, than get his feet wet. I give anything to have to hassle him one more time.

Bless him.  Bless you.

Jeez....the dust in here tonight 😥

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Lest we forget. This day 5 years ago. 

I’ll always remember that downpour on the Friday before the festival then seeing these videos pop up. I kept thinking ‘there’s 5 days before gates open, plenty of time to recover’. How wrong I was. 

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 8:57 PM, deebeedoobee said:

When it rained, it was a bugger to get Big Dog out the door last thing at night for a piss. He'd rather lay all night on a space hopper sized bladder, than get his feet wet. 

Can't blame Big Dog for that, I am exactly the same every morning when in my tent at 5am at Glastonbury

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I’ll always remember that downpour on the Friday before the festival then seeing these videos pop up. I kept thinking ‘there’s 5 days before gates open, plenty of time to recover’. How wrong I was. 

I think the rain at the festival prob didn't help. It was pretty good until Friday night.

I went into Heaven straight after Underworld and everything was fairly okay. Weird coming out at 6am in daylight and it being a quagmire!

I've said it before, but the best way to deal with that type of mud is just to get drunk and bold. 

If you take you're time trying not to fall you'll get no where and probably lose balance. Whereas when drunk, you march full steam ahead, without a care in the worry of falling and it's like gliding over the top of it. Maybe that was just me though haha

13 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I've said it before, but the best way to deal with that type of mud is just to get drunk and bold. 

If you take you're time trying not to fall you'll get no where and probably lose balance. Whereas when drunk, you march full steam ahead, without a care in the worry of falling and it's like gliding over the top of it. Maybe that was just me though haha

a stick of some description is also very useful 🙂 

44 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

The drunken approach works great. Until it suddenly doesn't... 😆

The worst thing about 2016 was there were quite lengthy periods of dryness, but never long enough to actually dry the ground out. Then each fresh downpour just made it worse and worse. You could just about get your hopes up it was going to improve, and it didn't - bloody hard work. 

Still if you gave me the chance to relive it tomorrow I would not say no. 🙂

33 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

The drunken approach works great. Until it suddenly doesn't... 😆

The worst thing about 2016 was there were quite lengthy periods of dryness, but never long enough to actually dry the ground out. Then each fresh downpour just made it worse and worse. You could just about get your hopes up it was going to improve, and it didn't - bloody hard work. 

Still if you gave me the chance to relive it tomorrow I would not say no. 🙂

Glastonbury also has that clay type of mud that just gets so sticky and hard to walk through. Your boots end up nearly stuck in the stuff!

4 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

The main struggle for me was that there were so few places to sit cause sitting on the ground just became a no go. Makes for a long an tiring day.

That's very true, you are pretty much standing all day. My legs ached loads during that festival.