The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

• 1 month later...

*****Sad post alert****

I’m sorry to have to let everyone know, Big Dog has left Pilton to join the dog pack in the sky. We are completely devastated. He has made his last weather and ground report here on Earth, where he worked hard, but was rewarded with biscuits. Next he will now enjoy eating rabbit shit, rolling in fox poo and being a generally huge doofus on his next journey. RIP Big Dog. 😥

• Like 24
  • Upvote 4

3 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

*****Sad post alert****

I’m sorry to have to let everyone know, Big Dog has left Pilton to join the dog pack in the sky. We are completely devastated. He has made his last weather and ground report here on Earth, where he worked hard, but was rewarded with biscuits. Next he will now enjoy eating rabbit shit, rolling in fox poo and being a generally huge doofus on his next journey. RIP Big Dog. 😥

So sorry to hear your awful  news. We’ve been there and it’s such a sad time for a household. Wherever you look in the house you will see reminders, we still have the chewed skirting board in the kitchen!  Just remember all the companionship, laughs and slobbers you had with him. I think reading your posts we all felt we knew him and his habits! 

And he will forever be on the coat of arms! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

*****Sad post alert****

Sad news, gutted for you both. Big Dogs paws will always be dry. Take care of each other. 

12 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

*****Sad post alert****

Oh :( I'm sorry Dee. Sending lots of love to you xx

12 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

*****Sad post alert****

Very sorry to hear lovely x

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. Having had the privilege of sharing our house with lots of dogs over the years we know this part is the most painful. Slightly more difficult as it was so fast and, although he was a big dog, he was still not elderly. 

but we have great memories and the chew marks on the stairs. And of course he will live on as part of the “state of the ground” flag which will fly again at festivals next year.

AD16A1F1-9361-43C7-8714-C5E4279633FA.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

*****Sad post alert****

My first visit here in a while and I am very sad to hear this news. RIP Big Dog and my condolences to you and your family Dee.

5 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. Having had the privilege of sharing our house with lots of dogs over the years we know this part is the most painful. Slightly more difficult as it was so fast and, although he was a big dog, he was still not elderly. 

but we have great memories and the chew marks on the stairs. And of course he will live on as part of the “state of the ground” flag which will fly again at festivals next year.

AD16A1F1-9361-43C7-8714-C5E4279633FA.jpeg

Lovely picture of your beloved Big. Your bulletins in the run up to last year's festival did much to calm the frazzled nerves caused by the weather thread, and Big Dog's contribution will not be forgotten. Sending lots of hugs.

Absolutely gutted to hear this Dee...the loss of a beloved pet is never easy.  Sending many hugs and wishes your way at this difficult time. 

Another vote here to honor Big Dog when we all meet in June '21....'Meet' t-shirts to feature the big fella?