The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

41 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Even in the midst of winter, the rain lashing against our window and the wind howling I still get excited seeing this thread appear! Where would life be without the Mary’s gate puddle?  Hypnotically drawn to look at the webcam now! 

On the subject of the webcam, my 79 yr old Mum informed me at the weekend that last years webcam wasn't as good as the year befores whilst the festival was on, she used to enjoy watching the campers all arrive and it all in realtime, and it getting busier and busier throughout each day and this year it wasn't a smooth 'real time' experience over the festival weekend. Firstly I didn't even realise she used to sit there watching the webcam, and secondly I am wondering if she had just had too many gins and kept dropping off thus appearing that it wasn't real time or is that infact true :-) It was a wonderful but surreal conversation :-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Quark said:

I've found it easiest just to not bother dodging the puddles. Get the first one out of the way early, both trainers soaked and caked in mud, and then it's not going to get any worse!

So long as there's a shower at the end of it, it all washes off :)

Trainers are waterproof so no problem there.It’s the splash up the leg that gives me the shivers. Plus the smell of cow juice sticks around. Anyway it’s like playing hopscotch. Everyone should play hopscotch in the rain ️ 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

On the subject of the webcam, my 79 yr old Mum informed me at the weekend that last years webcam wasn't as good as the year befores whilst the festival was on, she used to enjoy watching the campers all arrive and it all in realtime, and it getting busier and busier throughout each day and this year it wasn't a smooth 'real time' experience over the festival weekend. Firstly I didn't even realise she used to sit there watching the webcam, and secondly I am wondering if she had just had too many gins and kept dropping off thus appearing that it wasn't real time or is that infact true 🙂 It was a wonderful but surreal conversation 🙂

I’ve heard of big brother watching you but never your mums watching you! 

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Trainers are waterproof so no problem there.It’s the splash up the leg that gives me the shivers. Plus the smell of cow juice sticks around. Anyway it’s like playing hopscotch. Everyone should play hopscotch in the rain ️ 

712E2D0B-6CE2-4888-970F-050A254E6E72.jpeg.d062ef1f1ae1a845e2a46f7c7ef692a5.jpeg

hopscotch in the rain?  This is our promenade during the storm, don’t think I’ll try it! Believe it or not the building is the local lifeboat station! 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

712E2D0B-6CE2-4888-970F-050A254E6E72.jpeg.d062ef1f1ae1a845e2a46f7c7ef692a5.jpeg

hopscotch in the rain?  This is our promenade during the storm, don’t think I’ll try it! Believe it or not the building is the local lifeboat station! 

Think I'd prefer to hide in the pub!

Edited by semmtexx

15 hours ago, grilladelphia said:

more exciting than any lineup announcement tbf

And also a fuck of a lot more stressful!!! Last year's rollercoaster ride just about did me in....although I suppose the Weather Thread was more to blame for that and all those technical maps I didn't understand other than that they had too much green to be good.  

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

And also a fuck of a lot more stressful!!! Last year's rollercoaster ride just about did me in....although I suppose the Weather Thread was more to blame for that and all those technical maps I didn't understand other than that they had too much green to be good.  

A New Years resolution this year was to stop alternating between this thread, the weather thread and the BBC weather news.  Trouble is, no way I will keep it! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A New Years resolution this year was to stop alternating between this thread, the weather thread and the BBC weather news

I'm so excited for when everyone starts going mental about the weather

3 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

One of my mates doesn't really use efests, but he lurks to check out the weather thread as June gets closer. His words to me last year?

"Bloody hell, that @The Nal's a miserable fucker isn't he?!"

:lol:

Told him to follow this thread instead, then realised I was trying to explain big dog and the stick to a sober person. Gave up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Last year's rollercoaster ride just about did me in....although I suppose the Weather Thread was more to blame for that

The Weather Thread - Where science and stress collideTM

43 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

I never  thought obsessing over  big dogs, sticks and jars, tables, graphs and charts would be such an integral part of my Glastonbury experience but I honestly don't know what I'd do without these threads,   Aside from actually doing some work in the 6 weeks leading to Glastonbury!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

The Weather Thread - Where science and stress collideTM

I never  thought obsessing over  big dogs, sticks and jars, tables, graphs and charts would be such an integral part of my Glastonbury experience but I honestly don't know what I'd do without these threads,   Aside from actually doing some work in the 6 weeks leading to Glastonbury!

With all the information and discussions on this topic E festers on here now have the equivalent of a joint masters degree in meteorology and geology .  Pray for the Spanish plume! 

23 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Given that I'm at the age where I'm expecting to have my prostate examined any day, I'm not so sure I agree.

The bar steward sons of val doonican have a song dedicated to this procedure and performed in in the Avalon last year.  It’s their version of how deep is your love, their version is called how deep is your glove. 

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

The bar steward sons of val doonican have a song dedicated to this procedure and performed in in the Avalon last year.  It’s their version of how deep is your love, their version is called how deep is your glove. 

😨

Edited by stuartbert two hats

53 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Ah that was class last year. Theyre at Bearded this year so more dinghy surfing hopefully.