The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

7 hours ago, waltere said:

Yeah there was one path (I think from the side of the Common up to the old railway?) which was absolutely sodden for the entire festival, even on Sunday night. None of my group could work out how or why such a specific area was staying so wet

Went tiptoeing up there on Sunday and it was the only mid I got on me the whole festival. 

7 hours ago, waltere said:

Yeah there was one path (I think from the side of the Common up to the old railway?) which was absolutely sodden for the entire festival, even on Sunday night. None of my group could work out how or why such a specific area was staying so wet

That piece of worthy is soggy all year round. I’ve  learnt to circumnavigate it on my run

8 hours ago, waltere said:

17 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

That piece of worthy is soggy all year round. I’ve  learnt to circumnavigate it on my run

Yeah that was it. My theory was it was in shadow in the day so never got any sun but that doesn’t sound right? 

13 hours ago, glastofun said:

I've seen images of the full Pyramid stage (not just the bare bones of it like here), taken in the winter. I thought the whole structure was permanent. 

No - it's always just the frame left up. 

Watching the pyramid getting dressed and undressed before and after the festival on the webcam is a popular pastime.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well that was a moist one. As you may have gathered from the weather forecast, Worthy Farm is very soggy, windy and cold. No matter which way I ran it was always into the bastard wind. I must have looked like some lunatic lost raver behind the pyramid as I dodged the puddles this way and that. Thank feck for gortex  trainers. River lane aka muddy lane is almost tidal. Wonderful walk was as slippery as hell. Even the sheep looked like they’d given up and want to find their passports. 
E940CCFD-433A-4AB6-A777-24914C990B9A.thumb.jpeg.7717d142189b4c879605d36e334b81dc.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I've found it easiest just to not bother dodging the puddles. Get the first one out of the way early, both trainers soaked and caked in mud, and then it's not going to get any worse!

So long as there's a shower at the end of it, it all washes off :)