The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

@Bin Fish as promised your flag was flying at Beatherder. It’ll be out again at Leopallouza festival in a weeks time.

1B6C88DF-4087-47B4-9089-37BF31E29E95.jpeg

Oh my god, I love it! That's 100% your flag now though Dee. ?

Hope you had a great time in my (former) neck of the woods. I never realised it was quite so close to home!

Edited by Bin Fish

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Homer said:

Just switched on 6 for the first time in absolutely aaaaaaages and, bizarrely, immediately caught Lammo playing a suggestion from @deebeedoobee(unless there's more than one!). Napalm Death, as seen at Boomtown apparently...

Yep twas me . Lammo  is my mate. Was chatting on air with him in January. And yes, Napalm Death were epic at Boomtown 

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So, how’s the ground for the pilton party!

We were there at the weekend and it was glorious. Lush long grass, dusty tracks and entirely sitable everywhere. Here is a random picture which demonstrates lushness and, if I can work out how to do it, I will upload some of my crap amateur gopro walkabout on the farm footage.

20190825_154309.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Lush grass. Firm under foot. Currently no wellies needed.

Nice!   Heading down for a few days in the town before Friday. Will pack the wellies and rain cape just in case. What a treat, getting back to the site so soon after the festival!  Might even head into the village a few days before and visit the Crown! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Lush grass. Firm under foot. Currently no wellies needed.

@deebeedoobee I don't live too far away from the site and was thinking of a stroll around it this Sunday.  Would that be a bad idea - is it busy with prep for the Pilton Party and would I just be getting in the way?  I can wait until later in Sept if need be!

35 minutes ago, Skelts said:

@deebeedoobee I don't live too far away from the site and was thinking of a stroll around it this Sunday.  Would that be a bad idea - is it busy with prep for the Pilton Party and would I just be getting in the way?  I can wait until later in Sept if need be!

As long as you stay away from red gate and the JP field you'll be fine. Lots of tourists have been on site this month. Never a problem as long as folks stick to the by ways and respect the farm. But then that's a given I know. Best stay on Eavis land too. The farmer from Steenbow has been getting funny with people walking/running  on his land. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Nice!   Heading down for a few days in the town before Friday. Will pack the wellies and rain cape just in case. What a treat, getting back to the site so soon after the festival!  Might even head into the village a few days before and visit the Crown! 

The Crown is a great pub. Very friendly landladies too.

31 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

As long as you stay away from red gate and the JP field you'll be fine. Lots of tourists have been on site this month. Never a problem as long as folks stick to the by ways and respect the farm. But then that's a given I know. Best stay on Eavis land too. The farmer from Steenbow has been getting funny with people walking/running  on his land. 

Thanks for the advice :)

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Probably the result of my 750 runners on Sunday.  Its winter, mud and puddles happen, its normal. 

My running shoes are covered in Glastonbury Mud from Sunday :) The stone circle was quite soggy, one chap lost his shoe in it as he ran up!! 

My run last night was powered by the mud on my shoes still. Brilliant!