The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

I often wonder if where you grew up makes a difference. I grew up in the countryside so you were taught to respect the area. Also no one was going to clean up after you. Where I live in London now the kids just drop litter like it’s nothing, the area is grotty anyway but I wonder if they have the attitude that people clean the street etc so it doesn’t make much difference. Sadly I think that attitude probably does carry over to glasto, that there are litter pickers so why bother. And of course the everyone else is doing it excuse

45 minutes ago, Jne___ said:

I often wonder if where you grew up makes a difference. I grew up in the countryside so you were taught to respect the area. Also no one was going to clean up after you. Where I live in London now the kids just drop litter like it’s nothing, the area is grotty anyway but I wonder if they have the attitude that people clean the street etc so it doesn’t make much difference. Sadly I think that attitude probably does carry over to glasto, that there are litter pickers so why bother. And of course the everyone else is doing it excuse

But don't you think that some people that live in the country they live like The Clampets ie always lots of wrecked cars , machinery and old farm vehicles on their land ?

3 hours ago, Jne___ said:

Not so much weather wise but I’m curious to know how the litter is this year with the plastic bottle ban? Would be cool if it actually made a substantial difference. Perhaps it’s too early to tell? Let me know!

Brothers area is not good, worst I’ve seen so far this year. But most areas look pretty good

4 hours ago, Jne___ said:

Not so much weather wise but I’m curious to know how the litter is this year with the plastic bottle ban? Would be cool if it actually made a substantial difference. Perhaps it’s too early to tell? Let me know!

Is it just me or are the paper pint cups a little less sturdy? Putting it down to them not being plastic lined. 

20 hours ago, Jne___ said:

The area around the brothers bar was a shit show, everywhere else has been ok so far. We'll see how that changes now the main stages are opening....

17 hours ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Is it just me or are the paper pint cups a little less sturdy? Putting it down to them not being plastic lined. 

Yeah. We were doubling up yesterday for a bit of extra security, keeping them when they were empty and adding the new cup on

On 6/27/2019 at 11:20 AM, Pinhead said:

Litter seems minimal so far - the odd plastic bottle. Mostly cans and the odd food container / cardboard.

Last night by Stonebridge was absolutely appalling, the bins were empty but the field was covered, couldn’t find empty spot to sit down.

On 6/28/2019 at 4:54 PM, Pinhead said:

Today still loads of cups, cans, food shit but at least no bottles which i invariably end up tripping up on when im pissed.

quite a few bottles appeared on Sunday - the day ticket holders seem to bring a lot in....

On 6/27/2019 at 11:17 AM, Jne___ said:

Was an utter disgrace at every stage (Glade and some of the Green fields notable exceptions) and even most campsites. Saw so many people chucking cans or plates on the floor when 5m from bins :girlsad:

Of course, it doesn't help when some of the bins are filling up quicker than they are being emptied but is there really any excuse for that? As others have said, it's really not a challenge to have a net positive effect on the festival. Clear away your own shit and a couple of extra tinnies every time you pop to a bin and it's better for everyone.

Edited by dulcificum

• 2 weeks later...