The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

My brother’s coming tomorrow from Ireland and is travelling light. He’s thinking of ditching the walking boots for trainers, based on photos of people sitting on the grass enjoying the weather - is this stupid?  

31 minutes ago, LMK said:

My brother’s coming tomorrow from Ireland and is travelling light. He’s thinking of ditching the walking boots for trainers, based on photos of people sitting on the grass enjoying the weather - is this stupid?  

I wouldn't say it's stupid, but it's not very sensible. The weather can change quickly and hot weather on the forecast doesn't mean we might not get hit with some sudden storms.

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

I wouldn't say it's stupid, but it's not very sensible. The weather can change quickly and hot weather on the forecast doesn't mean we might not get hit with some sudden storms.

That’s what I said. Just wanted backup from people on the ground ?? 

Thanks for the updates everyone! See you tomorrow! 

My old trainers have perished. My walking boots will probably be too heavy for my feet given the improving weather. So my (almost ) new white / red adidas will be given a chance to shine! I do like fucking up footwear on the hallowed turf that is Glastonbury. Although the walking boots will still be with me in case of emergencies...

What I'm more confused about is the shorts vs. grown up pants debate. I mean, what's a boy to do when it's 25+ during the day but could be as chilly as 11 at night?!?

4 minutes ago, buzzbox said:

My old trainers have perished. My walking boots will probably be too heavy for my feet given the improving weather. So my (almost ) new white / red adidas will be given a chance to shine! I do like fucking up footwear on the hallowed turf that is Glastonbury. Although the walking boots will still be with me in case of emergencies...

What I'm more confused about is the shorts vs. grown up pants debate. I mean, what's a boy to do when it's 25+ during the day but could be as chilly as 11 at night?!?

Man up? ?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, buzzbox said:

Shorts day and night for me. Just need a hoody for the evening. 

1 hour ago, LMK said:

It could be round the toilets ! 

41 minutes ago, buzzbox said:

Go bin hunting 

I brought some ankle height walking boots and only flip flops for around the tent. My boots are killing my feet, just too heavy. Anyone know if any market traders selling footwear?

46 minutes ago, Deneva48 said:

I came yesterday in strong waterproof boots, off out myself today to see if I can buy a cheap pair of trainers, not bothered what they are, I’d bin them before I leave anyway. Was so glad to get the boots off last night.

Great way to follow the low waste ethos of this year's fest ?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Deneva48 said:

Well of course I would do that if they were ok, but honestly I think they would be knackered, I’m not talking of buying top quality here, cheap and cheerful is fine. To stop any more Glastonbury ethics comments, I’ll take them home even if there knackered. 

Just throw them out the window of the car on the way up the road lad. 

• Upvote 1