The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

1 hour ago, ivan said:

Ask campers in front of The Hill of Death what time they got there , or perhaps they are leaving those closer empty  fields for a bit ?

You would never get me putting my camper on that slope ! 

the top, just before it starts to get step is where staff usually park, if they have campers. A friend of mine is there most years, he gets there sunday :)

46 minutes ago, Sarah74 said:

14km of walking about the site today and these are my feet. Yes muddy in patches. But really pretty straightforward to navigate around bigger muddy bits. End of railway line in SE Corner is pretty soggy but still not deep enough for waders!

4FD5979B-4C1B-4B4F-B327-B415534FB258.jpeg

Picture of the day :) 

I’m here!! Absolutely buzzing and camped up in CV West. 

Currently lovely warm temp and overcast with the sun trying to poke through. 

Ground is great, soft enough to get pegs in without a mallet but nice and firm. 

The ground has definitely dryed up since we went down this morning to Gate B and just returned. There are muddy bits, it’s the on-site traffic making it worse. The campsites are fine . If it doesn’t rain again it will dry out . These boots were fine

E9032BA9-BF9F-4F85-B32A-776BB79E8739.jpeg

Since boot photos are currently the trend, here are mine from a walk around the site today. 

A few muddy patches here and there, particularly on vehicle routes, but nothing scary. Already dried out a lot since this morning.

20190625_165954.jpg

Edited by Sku

27 minutes ago, Sku said:

Since boot photos are currently the trend, here are mine from a walk around the site today. 

A few muddy patches here and there, particularly on vehicle routes, but nothing scary. Already dried out a lot since this morning.

20190625_165954.jpg

Reckon trainers will be good for arrival on Thursday afternoon if there's no more rain til then? 

5 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Reckon trainers will be good for arrival on Thursday afternoon if there's no more rain til then? 

I reckon by then you'll be sick of pictures of us all drunk in west holts lounging on the grass

• Upvote 1

Big Dog is signing off now to go on his holibobs. As you can see from the photo he is delighted that the ground is great and the weather will be perfect.

Don’t forget to put your lead in the Lock up.

Take your water bowl.

You may need a blanket for your basket at night. 

Ps he says there is shite all over the farm so don’t be surprised if you sit down in some. 

PPs he will not be seeing you in the fields this week.

PPPs some of you folks have really ace t shirts.

691AAC82-231F-4460-A458-E61DD1165112.jpeg

Edited by deebeedoobee
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 9

27 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Almost all of the muddy patches can be walked around. Plenty of people are wearing trainers.

Still wouldn't wear your best trainers though!