The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

11 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Rain will be gone in next couple of hours, that’s it then 

Yeah, I reckon there might be the occasional shower through the day/overnight but this is the most significant rain the site is likely to see and it has happened at an opportune time in the scheme of things.  Zero concerns.

I'd say that if you're travelling by car and leaving soon (like me), it's best to take wellies just in case they're needed to get onsite. I don't expect a disaster movie by any stretch but there is likely to be a wee bit of churn today with the campervans and any trader traffic if it's damp underfoot. That said, I also took wellies in '10 and '17 as a sacrifice to sod's law.

Thank you everyone for keeping me informed and entertained this past while. It's been emotional!

It’s rained a ton. Massively helpful that it was overnight and is due to stop soon (hasn’t stopped yet) and most people aren’t on site til tomorrow. That amount of rain if people were on site would do a lot of damage, so my guessing is it’s going to start reasonably muddy tomorrow, but then dry out. A gnats piss brings the mud at G, so this will definitely bring some.

Good morning peeps. Happy Glastonbury eve! Last official update from the well. I might sneak one in tomorrow if time.

today’s final update is:

RAM jam jar = 20mm. No decrease/increase in 24hours. But this is because there was evaporation yesterday and rain today, leading to equilibrium.

Gherkin = 10mm. thermometer reading 16c

well Sticky stick = well is dry. The going is soft to good. 5 inches of soppy wet sludge on the stick.

Big Dog’s paws= damp with a grassy aroma.

AF995FF0-467A-44DB-A9BA-21439597116C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 13

Definitely wearing my wellies to the site tomorrow. Hopefully after that the only time I will need them is for late night/early morning visits to the loo.

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

Why has god forsaken us?

S/he is just dicking us around a little bit to keep us honest. It’ll be fine  

Off topic - Mr T will you be at the Efests meet?

2 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

S/he is just dicking us around a little bit to keep us honest. It’ll be fine  

Off topic - Mr T will you be at the Efests meet?

Ha, I was only messing about too- weather is looking perfect for the festival (touch wood)!

Haven't decided yet about the meet- it will be a game time decision! (am just about to catch the train to bristol now so won't have internet til I get back, but if you're at the meet, and I make it there, will see you then!)