The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

9 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

@deebeedoobee @Bin Fish Just in time, my T Shirt has arrived.... you should notice me at the farm! @dizzymoo may not be wearing Shaun the Sheep at the meet!

Excellent stuff! I’m picking mine up tomorrow evening, probably the last bit of prep I’ll do before leaving for the festival. 

Until then I’m working on my first flag!

77D57987-AEF0-4CEB-BD32-DA8F901C1FB1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

@deebeedoobee @Bin Fish Just in time, my T Shirt has arrived.... you should notice me at the farm! @dizzymoo may not be wearing Shaun the Sheep at the meet!

6B0F5512-4FCF-4AE8-A613-7910A85FF23B.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Bin Fish said:

Excellent stuff! I’m picking mine up tomorrow evening, probably the last bit of prep I’ll do before leaving for the festival. 

Until then I’m working on my first flag!

77D57987-AEF0-4CEB-BD32-DA8F901C1FB1.jpeg

Fantastic :D 

I'm a welly wearer. Been to every Glastonbury since 1993 and when the weather has turned sour I've never had any problems with them. I wear them to the site (I come by train)and then store them in my tent until possibly needed.

One day I might invest in some walking boots but I personally don't feel any great need to.

It’s getting a little frantic on the road through Pilton now. Security having to shout at people ! A39 blocked by bad accident so Pilton digger is stuck on his way home.

on a more positive note, lunchtime walk was taken away from the site up the hill and across the ridge. Worthy farm looks bloody lovely. Arcadia was firing up. The coloured tents and teepees on the ridge were shining jewels on top of the hill. Roads very dusty. 

Off to have a little rest in the garden before carrying out Glastonbury hair colouring duties on neighbour.

last official update tomorrow then maybe a quickie on Wednesday morning from the site and then it’s PAR-TAY time folks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dazednconfused said:

I don't do walking boots at Glasto. It's more a question, of bring them wellies or not. At the moment in case of light rain, I got some funky over shoes, calf-length, that can go over my trainers if needed. So tempting not to lug wellies with me.  

Why not? Comfier than wellies, better in the mud, better in the dry, better in the cold, better in the heat.

30 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

It’s getting a little frantic on the road through Pilton now. Security having to shout at people ! A39 blocked by bad accident so Pilton digger is stuck on his way home.

on a more positive note, lunchtime walk was taken away from the site up the hill and across the ridge. Worthy farm looks bloody lovely. Arcadia was firing up. The coloured tents and teepees on the ridge were shining jewels on top of the hill. Roads very dusty. 

Off to have a little rest in the garden before carrying out Glastonbury hair colouring duties on neighbour.

last official update tomorrow then maybe a quickie on Wednesday morning from the site and then it’s PAR-TAY time folks.

Saucy ??

I really think I must have hot some sort of welly jackpot with mine (sadly now deceased). £20 from a horsey shop (Mrs Q used to ride so I was up at stables a lot) and they saw me through 4 or 5 Glastonburys, including 2016 and Download in the same year, plus about 10 years of general use. Never a blister, bunion, rub or sore.

I'm terrified of buying a new pair as I know they'll never be as freakishly good.

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Why not? Comfier than wellies, better in the mud, better in the dry, better in the cold, better in the heat.

I have really nice walking boots but they are really heavy. And really nice so don't actually want to trash them at Glasto. 

My wellies are rather comfy for me, plus I don't have some people's magic mud floating abilities. I tend to find the spot with hidden moisture and slot right in. Can't beat wellies for that. Also get cold feet very easily so in a wet-ish or muddy year, I don't mind the warmth of them at all. 

Still tempted this time around to leave them, bring the walking shoes (not the nice but heavy boots) and the funky overshoe thingys in case. 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

I packed the wellies in one year after my feet looked liked Tom Hanks at the end of Philadelphia.

My son's feet looked like extras from Chernobyl by the Saturday in 2013.  Horrible mess of rubbing calves and blistered feet that had been sat in sweaty soup unable to breath for days.  Put me right off my pint.