The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

2 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

A lot better than it was but still quite a way off being 100%. I had my final physio session this morning which hurt a lot. I have a backpack packed that has just things for my back including my tens machine. Let's just say I'm glad to be in a caravan. Wouldn't fancy my chances if I had to lug all my stuff on site. 

Ah now that sounds like good news. On the back and caravan situation. You definitely don’t need to be carrying anything heavy. And now you will be able to sit/ lie down in the grass where ever you like.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JB0108 said:

Coming via coach and limited for space so can only really bring either wellies or walking boots. Last week I was set on wellies but now I'm thinking I might be safe in walking boots... thoughts?

My thoughts are walking boots are always enough but then I did 2016 in just walking boots as well. There's no way the ground will be worse than that now so you should be fine. 

15 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

My thoughts are walking boots are always enough but then I did 2016 in just walking boots as well. There's no way the ground will be worse than that now so you should be fine. 

Thanks, my first time but I've done a very wet Leeds fest. I assumed my walking boots would be fine but was only if the mud/water came up to shin height but doesn't look that way!

3 minutes ago, JB0108 said:

Thanks, my first time but I've done a very wet Leeds fest. I assumed my walking boots would be fine but was only if the mud/water came up to shin height but doesn't look that way!

I disagree with the above and think wellies were essential in 2016 the one of our group who tried gave up and bought wellies there. However  it is going to be nothing like that and boots will  be fine this year (and hopefully not even be needed)

23 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Ground wise we've got the potential for 2017 conditions right now.  Dry, packed down by vehicles after recent damp spells that were never long or severe enough to make an impact, a festival of misty dawns with occasional mild drizzle that keeps the tents cool in the morning if we are lucky and warm afternoons and evenings ahead of us.

Gonna be a corker.

Edited by Spindles

3 minutes ago, JB0108 said:

I disagree with the above and think wellies were essential in 2016 the one of our group who tried gave up and bought wellies there. However  it is going to be nothing like that and boots will  be fine this year (and hopefully not even be needed)

6 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Nope. Wellies are never essential. 2016 was nothing. 2005, 2007 and before that 97 and 98. They were the hardcore years and walking boots with gaiters are far superior.

Edited by Superscally
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JB0108 said:

Coming via coach and limited for space so can only really bring either wellies or walking boots. Last week I was set on wellies but now I'm thinking I might be safe in walking boots... thoughts?

I am going through the same thought process. Not bringing them feels like angering the weather Gods but current forecast means I can save myself a good kg of weight if I don't bring them. 

EDIT: I have no idea what I will do yet and likely decide super last minute. 

Edited by dazednconfused

9 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I had walking boots in 2016 and didn't have any issues. They were much easier on my feet as well compared to my friends with wellies.

2 minutes ago, dazednconfused said:

I am going through the same thought process. Not bringing them feels like angering the weather Gods but current forecast means I can save myself a good kg of weight if I don't bring them. 

EDIT: I have no idea what I will do yet and likely decide super last minute. 

Don't bring em. Unless you fancy more of a workout, they're dead weight. Wear your walking boots in.

Just now, jparx said:

I had walking boots in 2016 and didn't have any issues. They were much easier on my feet as well compared to my friends with wellies.

I had both with me. Only moved to wellies when my walking boots started giving me blisters otherwise I would have stuck with them. 

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Driving into Pyle Lane just now, shows the conditions. Lovely and warm, light cloud

Looks good. Great news. Btw I hope the suspension on the van holds up. Bit bumpy ?

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

Don't bring em. Unless you fancy more of a workout, they're dead weight. Wear your walking boots in.

I don't do walking boots at Glasto. It's more a question, of bring them wellies or not. At the moment in case of light rain, I got some funky over shoes, calf-length, that can go over my trainers if needed. So tempting not to lug wellies with me.  

1 hour ago, JB0108 said:

2nd vote for always walking boots. Did 2016 in them no problems at all.

1 hour ago, JB0108 said:

Walking boots, always. Survived 2016 without issue. Treat yourself to extra cans instead of bringing wellies!

1 hour ago, JB0108 said:

I'm another that survived 2016 with just walking boots and had no problems at all.