The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

1 minute ago, Skoo said:

So happy to see that @deebeedoobee's RAM jar and other important weather measuring tools have been immortalised in T-shirt form, was hoping someone would do it!

Gonna be looking out for you all weekend :) 

Haha same. And then if I spot it I will inevitably not actually speak to you but probably tell someone I'm with much to bemused looks. 

"a t-shirt with a picture of a weather predicting pickled gherkin? Have you done all that stuff already?" 

38 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Haha same. And then if I spot it I will inevitably not actually speak to you but probably tell someone I'm with much to bemused looks. 

"a t-shirt with a picture of a weather predicting pickled gherkin? Have you done all that stuff already?" 

I’ll silently acknowledge your knowing stare. Lol.

This has officially turned to the efests mad house and I love you all for it. Especially @Sawdusty Surfer and @deebeedoobee though for starting it all. (And Big Dog of course) now let’s get ourselves to those blessed and very dry fields...

4 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Well of course only Emily lives in the farm house all year round. Michael owns the house just outside the fence. Whether they return home of a night I have no idea. But if they do they would surely have a land rover to drive them there.

@deebeedoobee I know the Jam and Gherkin Jars are vital to showing how dry it has been, but are you not leaving it a bit late for your infusions, although Werthers only takes 24 hours.

Good morning peeps. Just 2 more updates and we are in !

today’s update is:

RAM jam jar = 20mm. No decrease/increase in 24hours. 

Gherkin = empty. thermometer reading 19c

well Sticky stick = well is dry. The mud negligible. I tried to push it into the base and nearly snapped the stick. Measured 1 inch of dirt.

Big Dog’s paws= dry and currently twitching as he is dreaming on the sofa. Probably chasing those tractors again.

9E0D9F1E-DFDD-436F-A3DA-CB4A0E1ED75C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 20

2 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

today’s update is:

well Sticky stick = well is dry. The mud negligible. I tried to push it into the base and nearly snapped the stick. Measured 1 inch of dirt.

Big Dog’s paws= dry and currently twitching as he is dreaming on the sofa. Probably chasing those tractors again.

Looking good. We are in Glastonbury town with a car load of stuff that was packed to prepare for an apocalypse,  everything but a canoe , so heading now to buy stuff for the predicted heatwave!  

We’ve all said about being there for the first year of Pangea and being excited to see how that progresses over the years.

Personally I’m more honoured to have been here for the first year of the Ram Jam Jar, Sticky Stick and Big Dog weather monitoring. Imagine where THAT system will be in a few years. We can but thank you @deebeedoobee

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Looking good. We are in Glastonbury town with a car load of stuff that was packed to prepare for an apocalypse,  everything but a canoe , so heading now to buy stuff for the predicted heatwave!  

Tibetan shirts and pantaloons then if you are shopping in the high street. Don’t forget to pick up your witches cauldron and sage smudge ?

Seriously, Clark’s factory village is next door and they have mountain horehouse, tog 24, trespass etc for discounted camping kit plus loads of clothes stores.

6 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

today’s update is:

This has been such a joyous read... really epitomises the true spirit of these boards. Thank you.

May the force be with you and all of those working on site in the next 24 hours..

only one more sleep ?

Just now, DareToDibble said:

We’ve all said about being there for the first year of Pangea and being excited to see how that progresses over the years.

Personally I’m more honoured to have been here for the first year of the Ram Jam Jar, Sticky Stick and Big Dog weather monitoring. Imagine where THAT system will be in a few years. We can but thank you @deebeedoobee

I’m not sure my metrology equipment will evolve in the same spectacular way as Arcadia! 

Just now, gherkin8r said:

Thanks so much @deebeedoobee 

Really is looking good now. Barring something out of the blue now things should be fine for people arriving Wednesday and even moreso for me arriving Thursday. 

I can’t guarantee it, but I will try to give you a quick update on Wednesday morning. Obviously no BD paws as he will be running riot in his holiday home. But I’ll see what I can do.

19 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Morrisons and/or Tesco? Are there any boxes of wine left?

36 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Tibetan shirts and pantaloons then if you are shopping in the high street. Don’t forget to pick up your witches cauldron and sage smudge ?

Seriously, Clark’s factory village is next door and they have mountain horehouse, tog 24, trespass etc for discounted camping kit plus loads of clothes stores.

Heading to street this morning then the town high street later followed by a jaunt up the tor then beer.   , just having a great time here. 

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

Heading to street this morning then the town high street later followed by a jaunt up the tor then beer.   , just having a great time here. 

When returning from the tor go into the riflemans pub. Fine boozer that is where you will drink along side druids and scruffy dogs on string.

the King Arthur is my favourite Glastonbury pub. Great cider in there.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I can’t guarantee it, but I will try to give you a quick update on Wednesday morning. Obviously no BD paws as he will be running riot in his holiday home. But I’ll see what I can do.

My daughter asked me the brand of shaving stuff I have at the moment.

"Errrmm it's Big Dog"

Once my wife could actually talk through her giggles, apparently it's Bulldog. Obsessed? Me?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Morning all, no rain overnight. 

Ground is getting firmer all the time. No sign of any mud anywhere .

In the unlikely event that anyone is still stressing about a possible mud fest don't worry, it really is going to be fine.

Two sleeps to go.

Enjoy :)

Thank you so much. I think I will risk some old vans trainers then, risk it for a biscuit and all that!

6 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Morning all, no rain overnight. 

Ground is getting firmer all the time. No sign of any mud anywhere .

In the unlikely event that anyone is still stressing about a possible mud fest don't worry, it really is going to be fine.

Two sleeps to go.

Enjoy :)

Bless you kind sir!